SAU Community

Intercooler Pipes

Guys,

I took my car for a drive down to the shops @10mins and the car was just getting to tempature. After comin home i noticed that the crossover intercooler pipe was rather hot? Now i dont remember it ever getting so hot before even after a 1 hour drive or so, so is this normal or could there be something amiss?

The car is around 250rwkw and wasnt so boosted much when driving for that 10min drive?

Regards,

Darren

I wouldnt worry too much. Cross over pipes always soak up a bit of heat. How does the rest of the piping feel? Any other noticable differences in the car, engine behaviour, etc?

Does beg to ask the question though... Do you always go for drives, stop, pop your hood, then start feeling pipes?

I wouldnt worry too much. Cross over pipes always soak up a bit of heat. How does the rest of the piping feel? Any other noticable differences in the car, engine behaviour, etc?

Does beg to ask the question though... Do you always go for drives, stop, pop your hood, then start feeling pipes?

sounds like a dry humping session, lol

it must be normal, my intercooler pipes are too hot to work on after an hours drive.

sounds like a dry humping session, lol

it must be normal, my intercooler pipes are too hot to work on after an hours drive.

Lol. Yeah pretty normal.. One of the reasons that a lot of gts-t owners go the front facing plenum. Plus makes changing spark plugs a breeze :D

Nar Dajae,

I dont normally do this.. lol I was going to bunnings to get a nut for my Intercooler bracket that i noticed had disappeared(?) and when i got home noticed while installing the nut..... doh

But seriosly i dont recall them being that notically hot, i felt the pipes connecting and they were warm as well.

Please note that this was from cold 5 mins to bunnings & 5mins back though. i just wouuldnt of thought it would of gotten that hot so quickly..

Dazza

The next couple of drives you do, get your hands on it after each drive.. You'll probably notice that the pipes are almost always warm to a degree. What was outside temp like? Was there any load placed on the engine? (even a small hill..)

Yeah that nut is a bastard. Try throwing a spring washer behind it.. Should help it stay on better :)