SAU Community

My C33 Laurel

RBC33

So today probably should of got some stuff done but I hate this car more everytime I take the car cover off.

Put my (2nd one now) padded nardi on and mocked up the mounting for the new intercooler.

Also have fabulous fabrications coming round end of the week to make me my new dump. Going all out and getting it made as a split dump, as they make more power and torque supposedly. So went an picked up a divided t3 5 bolt flange for him.

Hopefully see alot of shit done in the next few week.My dads coming up from Melbourne for a week so we'll fit my new timing belt up properly (as im not quite confident as my last was cut ad timing could be out) and install my SARD 550cc's and the top mount fuel rail.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your head up man, you'll feel better when she's all done. if I were local to you I would love to lend a hand.

Take some pictures of how she sits now I would love to see progress from this point on!

it'll show that you just came back and fought harder to get her done in the end!! :yes: Keep Going!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks man, i'm slowly slogging on with it, had my dad come up for a week from Melbourne for my engagement party so got some things done with his help, fitted up my new timing belt to replace my cut one, put on my adjustable exhaust cam gear while we were at it, then went to fit my top feed 550cc sards and ran into trouble, fuel rail doent line up with stock fuel rail holes, i messaged ARTZ about it and he said greddy/freggy plenums have same mount points so the railmust be mean for a 20 or 26 as it came off an rb r32. Thought it was a 25 but maybe not.

Also had fabulous fabrications come round and fab me up a custom split dump which turned out awesome, looks schmick and tucks right along the firewall/underbody. I'll get pics of where the car at now and photos of the dump up soon and hopefully a list of shit left to do/things i need to get to complete

• 2 weeks later...

So update not much has happened apart from some photos since my last post but errbody loves photos.

This is how it sits basically after what i did, except today put my rad in, i machined up some hard plastic from work to hold the pins on the bottom of the rad better and made the plastic fit the hole snug to remove the slop, also spaced it up a bit as it sat too low for my liking.

photo.jpg

Heres the rear seats Ian (RB25DETC33) hooked me up with for free to replace the horrid cream cord vinyl things that are in their at the moment, and also a side on shot of my new dump pipe courtesy of nathan at fabulous fabrications

IMG_1592.jpg

More purdy pics of it

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

And then the reason why the car has gotten nowhere,

IMG_1633.jpg

Been too farkin hot up here, so decided to goall ghetto apprentice and buy a blow up pool so i can survive summer lol

Hopefully make up some cooler mounts for it this weekend and remount the cooler, so then nathan from fabulous fab can come make my cooler piping and 4" intake pipe asap and i can get this thing going.

Also, i dont function properly without having a list of shit to do so heres whats left

Cooler and Intake pipes

Mount Intercooler

Tighten steering column bolts

Gearbox boot/seal, buy gear stick boot and gearknob

Swaybar nut and washer to go with it (previous owner was a tard -___-' )

Coilover nut (thats my bad)

Port out stock manifold with air grinder, bolt exhaust side together with gaskets and dump pipe

Wiper motor back on, wiper cowel and wipers back on

Nismo thermostat in and hoses on

Purple Timing cover and rocker covers on

Fluids and bleed everything

Work out some sort of handbrake cables

Then rewire

Tune

Replace windscreen

Rego

• 3 weeks later...

so i picked my dump back up as i had letnt it back to nathan from fabulous fab for display purposes at matsuri,

fitted it up, mounted my manifold and turbo back on to make sure it fits well and also so i can hopefully get him out in the next week to do my intercooler piping.

AS you can see in the second pic it fits up nice and tight to the floor, can just get my fingers round it, really happy with how it bolts up

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

Also mounted my inter cooler up, i like that this ones black, makes it nice and inconspicuous

IMG_1685.jpg

And with the bar on

IMG_1687.jpg

Gotta chop a bit more out of the sides of the open part of the bar so the pipes don't foul but i'll leave that till after they piping's done

• 3 weeks later...

that is close! , two problems there , one will be the heat from the stainless steel (or if it's ceramic coated this will not be an issue) , the other will be the engine twist on accel/decel and it hitting the floor of the car , could be fine , could be annoying!

never really thought about the heat... but thats the passangers feet problem :P

As for movement on accel and decel, i really hope not but alot of people seem to be having their exhaust tucked this high by him. But alot of his exhausts are solid mounted. time will tell i guess

Thanks Dan :P

Yeah I use to hit my resonator in my civic on everything, premadee exhausts never seem to tuck up too high, sith ought I'd get this done properly.

Hopefully getting cooler piping done before xmas

so i got a sweet little part today. drove back up to the sunny coast from brissy for it but was worth it.

Spot the difference. Danny, this might make you jelly :P

before

1AD5EF1A-0EF8-46B9-B675-F8334E299F45-574-0000012A6AE6A8DC.jpg

after

BB4B84C7-2D24-4214-BF28-B8A01F13576B-574-0000012A5B857EB4.jpg

so stocked to have one finally

This ones isn't cracked. Has a slight stress crack where it mould around the bar at the wheel. Like it looks like it's gonna crack there. So dunno might fibreglassing or super glue it.. Dunno what would be the best go for it

i Was thinking about a mould so everybody could have some club s love.

Its funny you say double plus postage, 0my missus was like "what!! you payed 180 bucks for a piece of plastic HERP DERP HERP DERP ect"

Then when she saw andrews posts she was so confused. I dont think she understands rare car parts hahaha.

In all seriousness but, how would i go about getting it moulded

Lol I'm still serious bout double plus post. I was drunk last night I posted that, but that's how bad I want it

And dunno bout makin mould of it man. I'm sure if you tool it to a fiberglasser they could do it.

• 2 months later...

So bit of an update, being doing a few things here and there,

Survived the gale force winds, strapped my unsecured bonnet down for safety.. survived the winds, the colourbond gate didnt lol

31FA37A8-B587-4212-8136-359C347431B5-2689-000003B4C48EED0B_zpsb275aa62.jpg

Then got all my stuff together for my new intake, ended up ordering a freddy plenum, skimmed it myself at work, had to run a tap down a few threads and die grind all the ports out to get rid of some burrs and it come up pretty good. then while i was at it thought, why not get a new throttle body, so got an 80mm throttle body too

Here it is all together, minus aac, cold start solenoid, tps and brass nipples

16C66862-A5D1-44EE-983A-B91C9A6C1DA1-2689-000003B4BE16D890_zpsfeae27b8.jpg

And here it is Test fitted.

0ADC73F0-46CF-4302-9B11-DA1661224BA8-2689-000003B4B5EFFC0E_zps05a52bc9.jpg

1E3CC28B-9D1D-425C-8D21-522AE6C24C95-2689-000003B4AD3F0199_zps79b64774.jpg

Gonna get my cooler piping made now, hopefully hear back from the dude soon or i'll go elsewhere as i wanna get it done soon. Also getting the quote on my wiring next week, Gonna relocate the battery to the boot, get my engine loom for microtec looked over, sard injector plugs wired in, fusebox sorted as it was raped by original owner and the fuel pump relay run to the ecu.

Also looking at getting a greddy oil filter re locator block with thermostat and the engine block, using a PWR oil cooler i had from when i worked there, and buying some braid and fittings and make my own lines up. Hence only bolting intake down with a few bolts as its a prick top get under there.

Hoping once pipings done and wirings sorted i can kick this sucker over and see if she runs