SAU Community

Rc Drifting / Racing

G4orce

heres my ride

running a 9 turn motor, 2s lipo few hop ups to the suspension and drive line, ditched a few things to make it lighter, she weighs just over 1 kilo.

the wheels are gay iv got a set of light weight jap wheels with decent dish on the way, gotta respray the body also

img0210vr.jpg

Edited by G4orce

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba you have a few track to choose from:

- Baywater on moojebing Street on Sunday morning

I could walk there! :P I know they used to do nitro onroad a while ago but got shut down or something.. didn't know there was drifting there :blink:

Is it competetive or are n00bs tolerated? it's not on PVC/ABS is it? I built this rig to torch rubber

Sorry Bubba, no drift just pure "proper" racing. I am not a drifter by no means, but any of the racers at a competitive level give em a set of slicks/pvc and about 2 laps to warm up and they are as good as anyone.

Have had a bash before with some drift tyres and picked it up pretty easy...... then went back to racing :-) i didnt feel the same adrenaline as the speeds that are achieved in racing.

just an fyi, you were right, bayswater used to run nitro on the cement and electric on the clay track next to it. Local residents went to bayswater council regarding the noise of the nitro and therefor where not not allowed to race, so electric has now come along and the lap times they are getting is unbeleivable.

At the recent nationals 104km/h was clocked down that 35 metre straight. unbeleivable!

Brushless mod. Guy called Toby was driving it, he didn't place to well though overall but was definitely one of the fastest down the straight.

Lrp modified brushless I think it was

Would have been an X-ray I'm sure, most of the top racers here in wa run the X-rays with parts readily available

Turn related more to brushed motors, now with brushless turns are rated a little different, 3.5 brushless Lrp if memory serves me correct what you would be after but in no way should it be put in a tt01.

Google feral batteries, have good prices on the motors and li-pos you would need to get to that speed. You would also need an electronic speed controller esc for short to power it

FYI, motor would have been something along the lines of this:

http://www.teamassociated.com/lrp/parts/details/LRP50712/

ESC would have been something along the lines of this:

http://www.teamtekin.com/r1.html

the tekin ESC really seems to be the most popular one at the moment.

Prob looking at about $400 plus you will need a decent lipo battery ($100) so $500. most importantly though, can you control it?

You will need to ensure all your trimming etc is good, plus make sure you have a spectrum module radio to go with it, you dont want to be going flat tack to have your radio clash with another frequency otherwise BYE BYE car.

• 2 weeks later...

if you're into RC Drifting, or just want to see how the pros do it in a competition series, go to http://superhappydrift.com fierce competition from the top 16 rc drifters in VIC.

Guaranteed entertainment with hosts, promo girls, judges and so on. BBQ and carpark on site. you need to be on guest list to be allowed in, simply fill the form as studio audience and you're in.Bring the kids too!

This is the Biggest RC Drift show in History. You are welcomed to join us, whether competing, judging or be in the audience. There are also sponsorship packages if you're interested to advertise with us( we have lots of sponsors already ). The show is going to be broadcast on international TV , think sports/drama/entertainment series show.

It's this Sunday the 25th of March.

We need more tandem drift commentators, if you think you got the goods , let us know too!

CSHD-call-for-entries.png

Thank you!

Edited by M'ck'y