SAU Community

Nissan Stagea

teamplasma

Guys need so help with this one any help would be great. My 33 is going and i'm getting a Stagea, i'm buying dirrect from japan so as u know the info u get on the car is minamal. Goin for the rb25det powered awd one, anyone know anything bout the different models, specs or if they came out in manual, there all auto on the jap sites, i'm thinkin just jammin in the gt4 manual box in the **** if i can't get a manual direct.

Any info, websites, thoughts and feedback would be great.

Guys need so help with this one any help would be great. My 33 is going and i'm getting a Stagea, i'm buying dirrect from japan so as u know the info u get on the car is minamal. Goin for the rb25det powered awd one, anyone know anything bout the different models, specs or if they came out in manual, there all auto on the jap sites, i'm thinkin just jammin in the gt4 manual box in the **** if i can't get a manual direct.

Any info, websites, thoughts and feedback would be great.

Some useful info here:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/WGNC34/tuningdatetop.htm

Manual versions using the RB25DET were only available from about 1999 (I think), so will be more expensive. Auto's can be had for as little as $15K landed and complied, but manual's will probably be closer to $25K or even more.

There is already a thread on it in the Japan section...do a search.

Good luck finding a manual...they only made 11% of them in manual. If you were lucky enough to buy a manual early it was cheaper when new...

Because of this my mate recently bought a RS Four V 5AT...'99, Grade 5, 32,000km, with Nismo parts...2Mil Yen

$25K complied...must be a shitter or you dreaming. I've seen a few around the country already here asking for $50K.

There are quite a few of the 4WD versions.. He is not talking about the Autech version I don't think..

just the plain ol' Stagea RS4.. A couple came through today on the mailing lists:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/0206/

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/0205/

Bit ugly if you ask me, but if you are after a family car with some decent go for once, I reckon would be good for something different.

Manuals started from the end of '98 (Series 2)...$25K is highly unlikely unless of course the car has extremely high kilometers. But with so little 5MT released and only one model released I can't see them being that cheap.

Just trying to tell you realistically...too many of you think everything is a bargain. I've said it before well maybe not in this forum, what you pay is what you get! If your paying 1+ Mil for an early Stagea then you can reasonably say the oddometer readings is legit, along with the complete log books.

Series 2 also had the 280ps NEO RB25DET dropped in, which is why we picked up a '99 at the auctions. Earlier ones only had 235ps.

hehehe - am trying to resist :cheers: I don't want to give up my 34 and be practical but it's a bit of pain since rearward facing baby seats don't fit in the rear of the car. Our other car is a cube, which is about half the size of a skyline and feels very sluggish with 4 people in it...:(

no immediate plans to change anytime soon, but if I do it's either a turbo stagea or a *cough* Subaru WRX STI :D

Dude, your in brisbane, I swear I have seen heaps at import yards. Go have a look at them there, it seriously might be worth while spending a bit more money to buy the car already here. At least that way you can drive it, have a look at it etc, hell of a lot cheaper than spending $25k to only find you have a car you dont like.

Thanks for the feedback guys, My brother works for an importer, i'm not buying one thats already here, the yards who have them are making a packet in profit, i'l land one at the right price, for the bucks i save i can bomb the *** out of it. Just wanna make sure i buy the right model from japan. I'd love the 260, i think it's out of my price range, unless i rob that bank, no the rs four v whatever sounds the go, i've already priced up the 98/99 model ones and i' laughing, could ever spend another 10grand on buying it, just don't know what the 260's goin for keep the info comming