SAU Community

Sau Nsw Official Putty Rd Cruise! 22Nd April 2012

~Anna~

a few guys from newy arent so keen to drive down to richmond & thinking of just heading out to mount thorley, and following every1 back to pokolbin.

Miss all the good parts of putty road then dont you?..

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much will that shorten the trip?? Wouldn't mind cutting it bak if it can be helped, not to keen on spending 100 bucks on petrol to have an empty tank on Monday haha

How much will that shorten the trip?? Wouldn't mind cutting it bak if it can be helped, not to keen on spending 100 bucks on petrol to have an empty tank on Monday haha

it will cut it down to 190km, from about 420km.... joining the actual cruise for about 40kms..

a few guys from newy arent so keen to drive down to richmond & thinking of just heading out to mount thorley, and following every1 back to pokolbin.

If you are thinking along those lines maybe a better option is to head south along the Putty rd till you get the the old servo on the hill (can't remember how far down but not quite halfway from memory ) and wait for the cars to come through.

Still get some decent miles on the putty road just a drive down and turn around and come back again.

i thought it was glendale too. so confused haha.

i think me and ant are planning to do the whole drive if its sunny, if not well probs just do the short version.

If you are thinking along those lines maybe a better option is to head south along the Putty rd till you get the the old servo on the hill (can't remember how far down but not quite halfway from memory )

i stopped at this station one day, started to take a couple photo's & some old hillbilly came out yelling at me to get lost.

i lol'd, then remembered these people have guns. so i left.

i stopped at this station one day, started to take a couple photo's & some old hillbilly came out yelling at me to get lost.

i lol'd, then remembered these people have guns. so i left.

Yeah it can be like that now that I think about it

I only stopped long enough to use the loo and kept going, was doing a shed delivery somewhere down that way

Quick question for the Sydney people I wanna know where is the best place to stop for fuel once down there

Plan to leave Newy with a full tank and top up somewhere in Sydney on the way

Any BP's with 98 in Windsor or along Windsor road?

windsor road, and pitt town rd.

BP at the lights, will confirm if they have 98 tomorrow for you.

if not, theres a 7/11 just before the bp, 99% sure they have 98, or as stated, the shell next to the raaf base.

nah wondering about a servo in the hunter valley, not near the meetup in the morning

weather looks to be sunny and 26 degrees yiewwww

Post was in relation to the one 2 above....

No idea about the other end, first time doing putty.

where abouts is the servo near the crowne plaza hunter valley?>

About 5 mins down the road towards Cessnock

Easy to find just drive to Cessnock till you see the shell

Thanks for the info on Sydney side

Edited by m.j.h