SAU Community

S A U N S W - Texi, "the Original" @ Sutton Road

N1GTR

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used to do (still might, not sure) a quarterly event there on the skidpan, as far as I'm aware it was never the track though.

yep as I posted earlier (I think) they are running a Motorkhana on the vehicle manouvering (sp?) area on the Sunday. Pretty sure there wont be any more spots for that, they had 10 left a week ago. I'll be doing both :)

Oh and picked these up today, will be giving them a run on Saturday :D

581278_10151052328551387_537426386_194183492_1279397509_n.jpg

A few questions after watching that video linked from page 1 for the 200th time:

• does that bloke get air over the crest at one point in the first half of the course?
  • is the course going to be set up exactly like it is in the video?

I'm keen to know if we are going to see enough straight road to get into 4th gear at serious speeds.

Forecast for Saturday is looking good! -2 over night...shiver me timbers!

No air but car gets light depending on your approach speed. It's up to you how fast or slow you approach it.

No cones will not be exactly the same places as that video

4th won't happen on the straight unless you have mega power

i have mega power so hoping to hit 4th everytime round.

also going home hat in hand if i dont get air!

matt, there is a cruise thread for the drive down, i wont be able to head off till 4 from balmain thanks to gf's lame work.

yep as I posted earlier (I think) they are running a Motorkhana on the vehicle manouvering (sp?) area on the Sunday. Pretty sure there wont be any more spots for that, they had 10 left a week ago. I'll be doing both :)

Oh and picked these up today, will be giving them a run on Saturday :D

581278_10151052328551387_537426386_194183492_1279397509_n.jpg

Lol, well, here's one person going for times haha :D

Great stuff mate!!

Scott, don't worry so much! You'll live longer :D

There is a slow lap at the start where everyone goes in single file at a slow pace so you will be familiar with the track.

By mega power, I'm talking 420rwkw and upwards. I'd expect you to be in 2nd or 3rd for the whole run (of course with the exception of 1st at 7500rpm for the launch at the start)

Also that crest is like any crest you see in hilly parts of Sydney, for example the big one in Greenwich. You're not encouraged to go flat out over it and by doing so your time will be slower anyway so stuff that. If it's really bothering you I'll take you to it in the morning before runs start and drive over it myself with you in the car to demonstrate it's perfectly harmless when common sense is used :)

Hey,

I'm keen, can't believe i only just found out about this.

Are there any spaces left?

and is there any extra cost to get the appropriate cams license on the day?

Hey,

I'm keen, can't believe i only just found out about this.

Are there any spaces left?

and is there any extra cost to get the appropriate cams license on the day?

Yes spaces left. Send the form and money today and you'll be fine.

There is no extra cost for the CAMS license other than the actual cost of the license (eg it costs you no more to do it on the day, but the license cost still has to be paid)

Hey guys,

Any chance of entering on the day? Only just remembered about it now. I've already got CAMS etc

Thanks

We prefer to not do entries on the day as it's pretty crazy for the volunteers in the mornings, and we are short a few volunteers for this, but if that's the only way you can do it.....

We prefer to not do entries on the day as it's pretty crazy for the volunteers in the mornings, and we are short a few volunteers for this, but if that's the only way you can do it.....

I'll help where possible, just pint and tell me, do such and such over there....

Just got car back today, all paid into account just now.

I will need to complete form on the day as printer is not working currently.

Can I please have number 33.