SAU Community

S A U N S W - Texi, "the Original" @ Sutton Road

N1GTR

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

I've never really been one for skids n stuff. Dunno why just dosent really appeal to me

...............(waits for flaming)

Always been more interested in going quick point to point, problem is I don't seem to be able to get fast launches right so I take of like a granny in a carolla. I need help me thinks

Is there a certain type or size of fire extinguisher we need? I'm unsure what a ' insurance approved fire extinguisher ' is, my friend and I both have to buy one - don't want to get one that isn't approved.

Cheers.

Edited by sweefu

they only really come in 1 size from places like supercheap auto, autobarn, bursons etc..

It will have a metal bracket (not plastic) and have a stamp on the box saying "CAMS certified" or "CAMS approved"

I picked mine up from supercheap for about $30 from the 'outdoor' section with camping crap

It's exactly like belting through National Park. Exactly

cheers N1 and Duncan, thats some scary stuff, too many track days has weirdly made me even more careful through those sections than i ever was pre-trackday..i guess it was knowing how easy it is to lose it and wipe out that made me never look at nasho/old pac runs the same way again. Still i dont plan on missing this thing and will give it my all on the day..well 8/10ths anyway.

Yep that is all you need to do at a place like this, and it really is no different to a tarmac rally. You just choose what you think is a safe pace - if you think 110% like you might on a track, it can be dangerous or expensive.

But if you keep some in reserve and show respect to the track and conditions it is fine.

There are very few places in NSW where you can head along a 1 lane road at any speed you like, no worries abiout speed cameras....so don't miss this!

f**k it, this place is too much fun.

I'm going to get the race car going for this.

Packing spare bearings? :P

Remember, I won't be there to make changes or check tyre pressures for you... :P

they only really come in 1 size from places like supercheap auto, autobarn, bursons etc..

It will have a metal bracket (not plastic) and have a stamp on the box saying "CAMS certified" or "CAMS approved"

I picked mine up from supercheap for about $30 from the 'outdoor' section with camping crap

Thanks for that, I think I know what to get.

http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/10_gen_req/GQ09_Schedule_H_2012-2.pdf

:D

Trying to coax the missus to bring and drive the starlet.

And trying to convince her friend to come and run her mps3.

I'm trying guys, really I am.

hey why not....Rosie has brought her mazda 3 to a few events, and a starlet finished in the top 5 the first time we ran down there ;)

Indeed, bring the missus and her friend along. This event has actually been almost won by someone in a stock (but stripped) Starlet, but that's because Reece was driving!

And yep, that's my little sister Duncan's talking about. We both did a day at Oran Park way back when - I know I'm not the only one who misses that track... We were in separate groups, and she told me later that she'd spun the Mazda3 and went off backwards at Shell Corner, but she shook it off, waited for the rest of the cars in her group to go by, then got right back into it! With a bit of tuition from Duncan, she built some confidence and really enjoyed the experience.

Oran_Park_Raceway_map.jpg

Oh, and that map just happens to be linked to an article about Chubbs: http://chicanecultur...dney-australia/

Trying to coax the missus to bring and drive the starlet.

And trying to convince her friend to come and run her mps3.

I'm trying guys, really I am.

hey why not....Rosie has brought her mazda 3 to a few events, and a starlet finished in the top 5 the first time we ran down there ;)

Indeed, bring the missus and her friend along. This event has actually been almost won by someone in a stock (but stripped) Starlet, but that's because Reece was driving!

And yep, that's my little sister Duncan's talking about. We both did a day at Oran Park way back when - I know I'm not the only one who misses that track... We were in separate groups, and she told me later that she'd spun the Mazda3 and went off backwards at Shell Corner, but she shook it off, waited for the rest of the cars in her group to go by, then got right back into it! With a bit of tuition from Duncan, she built some confidence and really enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately, there isn't anywhere near as much run-off room at the Sutton Road Complex, so have fun, but be wary of your surrounds and be careful!

Oran_Park_Raceway_map.jpg

Oh, and that map just happens to be linked to an article about Chubbs: http://chicanecultur...dney-australia/

A couple of weeks ago Aldi had recently dated 1kg fire extinguishers with the double metal bracket for $15ea. Have a look at your local Aldi before trying supercheap/bunnings etc.

Also make sure you get one that's recent, or it wont be any good for cams events if you want to enter any later.

Please do enter the starlet, need micra vs. starlet battle :D