SAU Community

Abs Light And Attesa Woes

pomnz

I'd be surprised if the parts were interchangeable given the different part numbers although maybe someone with a copy of Nissan FAST will be able to help? I ended up ordering the abs computer from nengun.com for 150 bucks delivered way better than the 500 plus a local breaker wanted or the 1200 from the stealership. Maybe look there or import monster?

Is ours the same part as the r34 gtr? There are a few aftermarket ones available for GTR's now, perhaps one of them would be a cheaper and better option?

Just did more research - ours is more like the VN35 Skyline ( AWD ) version - they use the same yaw/g sensor part.

I dont think that 47930 AL800 is gonna match the R34 GTR or the 47930 AL700

use google translate megazip.ru

47930 AL700 = Bosch ( Made in Germanay )

47930 AL800 = Hatachi ( Made in Japan ) hatachi unisia - cant find anymore info :-)

the bosch site also list all other bosch parts for Stagea and other cars in general

Well I got me one of those Memoscan N607 tools and have been running through various tests to see if that helps ID the problem for me.

So far the ABS speed sensors are all confirmed to be working as are all the solenoids in each wheel for the abs activation.

The ABS motor will turn on to continuous and responds to turning off again but when I select the "down" test it says "communication error". I dunno if this is normal or not?

Can Circuit 3 & 5 shows as "unknown" where as 1,2,&4 all shows as "OK" - again dunno if this is normal but I suspect not.

Somewhat bizarrely Can Comm shows as "OK" even though the only code I get out of the abs computer is U1000 can comm error.

My spare ABS controller/computer arrived and I plugged it in only to find that it too shows the same U1000 code. I haven't connected the brake lines or anything but I would think this means that the abs unit is not at fault.

The scanner cannot communicate with the hicas and says "impossible proceed". This is different to the BCM and AT modules which it cannot communicate with either and just returns to the previous menu when you attempt it.

Ideas/thoughts welcome.

• 4 months later...

Finally got the dreaded U1000 Can Com Error code fixed, it turned out to be a faulty atessa computer.

The worlds sh*test garage charged me $1750 and it still wasn't working until I ordered a second hand computer off yahoo and gave it to them. Not sure what the policy on naming names around here is but those bloody cowboys are the worst ever!

I have also uploaded some notes on the Can Bus Communication system which I had to teach myself, and the so called professionals at the garage, about. See attached, hopeful my experiences may help someone else in the future.

Stagea Can Wiring Diagram.doc

Edited by pomnz

I'm in Auckland and sent you a pm, I just realised I uploaded the wrong doc as well, Doh! See attached for a full breakdown of the Can Bus system wiring and modules.