SAU Community

Rs Four S

hks33

Hey fellow Stagea owners,

For some time now I have noticed my hicas light illuminated on my dash cluster, It's starting to frustrate me a bit whilst cornering fairly hard with a bit of spirited drive i notice the back end seems to skip/jump over the road. Is anyone else familiar with this issue, The back end seems to sway from side to side when going over certain bumps over the road at higher speeds from time to time also.

I believe there is a diagnostic mode for the hicas, recently have also had a wheel alignment and 4 new tyres put onto the car but the light was previously illuminated even before the new tyres and alignment.

Looking forward to your responses, Best regards Chris.

jack your car up and check under your rear diff, there is a metal case there, undo the 2 or 3 bolts, then you will see your hicas setup under there.

check if your plug is connected.

i bottomed out my ass on my stag and i broke the plug. never noticed that the metal cover had a ding in it, but i broke the plug off.

then the hicas light came on and my ass was all over the road.

so check the plug first

From time to time is decides to work for a bit but as soon as i start driving it spirited the light illuminates and as you said the ass end is all over the place, Not a safe feeling...

Will check tomorrow about the plug could be a loose connection or something

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• G30-770. So long as you're talking engine horsepower, and not some bullshit wheel/axle/mystery horsepower.
    • It's a lottery, no one is going to be able to predict how much HP YOUR engine is going to handle as history has a huge part to play.    As examples though. I have one rb26 on 630rwhp, running 16 years now at that level, track use, only a couple of times a year.  Another 790rwhp, about 2 years now, driven every weekend.    If i was to give you a "safe" number I would say 450rwhp on 98 and 550-600 on e85.  Seen plenty of motors pop with less though too      
    • Fair play on the 120k, sorry just live in nanny Aus.  High rpm on cruise would kill me too.    On the gears, its not just first, so beside the fact I really enjoy that nice punch you get when you accel in first. 2nd is all messed up in the gearsets too. Most people I know with gearsets(even sequentials) have to drop into 1st for tarmac rally slower corners as second gear is too low in rpm, its painful. Translate to the street, I am using a 2.3 gear out of a low speed turn, gearset you got a 1.7 second. I can tell you now between my two cars which one is a LOT more fun.    On a track its a different story, once the car is moving the gearset ratios are supreme, 1st gets you going on a big rpm launch, then 2nd is no issue for the corner speed on most tracks.    Yer the price sucks  , old enough to remember these selling for $1500usd here in Aus. 
    • Will mainly be steering the car as tracking it in China would reduce its value a lot and mines a near mint condition v spec 2. Just weighing out the options for the next improvement. Thanks 
    • Thanks for the info. With the 2.8L stroker kit what would be the best single turbo setup for around 700-750 drivable horsepower? As I think after that it’s going to be very aggressive power delivery.