SAU Community

R34Gtt Carpet

Hey,

So when I bought my car It had a few problems with it.

They are all pretty much fixed except the carpet.

The previous owner clearly couldn't be bothered with floor mats at some point and there is a hole in the carpet right about where your heel goes.

I have tried to find a place that sells new carpet for R34's and have called places in Melbourne and Sydney with no luck.

IS there a place that sells replacement carpet or should I use this for motivation to pull my carpet out, remove the sound deadening and paint the floor black?

I just spoke to a trimmer in victoria about making a pre molded set for GTT , he didnt realize so many existed in oz

I asked if they would consider molding some. Up but my car is in the wrong state lol

They make pre molded for all the older models already

the sample plush carpet he sent was very nice ( the factory carpet is crap !!! Real Black looks so much nicer)

forgot the price think it was about 300 for a coupe premolded r33 so 34 shouldnt be different

If not he sugguested selling the carpet 54 bucks a meter , think its over a meter wide so maybe 2 meters of it or less to do a coupe ? if you do boot floor too ? This is the plastic backed carpet like the real factory carpet , i want plush and can say it looked about 6-8 mm thick about the same as the factory gtr floor mats ? only tighter weave , they had 3 thickness available and various colours , some can be patterns too hmmm plaid nice haha

im checking a few other places but maybe someone in vic can drive a gtt over to get a mold made ?

• 3 months later...

That would be awesome.

Who was it that you went through for that?

sorry for slow update

Well after a mountain of phone calls etc Even overseas

I went to the manufacture in victoria for 10mm thick 1.7 metres wide black carpet , you can get it up to 16mm thick but only a metre wide and piece it together ?

Cost is about 180 with shipping (25 to ship)

But in my phone calls a place called allcarcarpets in vic said if they had the original molded carpets in just about any condition they could make the GTT or GTR mold for the R34 in a month and they had 6 mm black sample they sent me looked nice ?

The other option was wool wilton carpet from UK /US but didnt bother cause it would be a mint and shipping a killer , same stuff rolls royce uses !!