SAU Community

Getting Used To The 35

ecl

Hi,

im sure we've all been there, getting used to the various noises and sounds of the car.

I guess im paranoid after getting the car checked and reading about gearbox horror stories.

Whilst my car had no rattles, I've noticed something and hope someone can confirm. If you are in park and rev up from 1k and very very slowly rev up, does it go up smooth or is it a mixture of noises and very slight vibrations under the car? Nissan said its normal but it was something I didn't try with the other gtrs so hope someone can test it here.

I'm typing on my mobile so excuse the grammar

Yes, in P and N, you will get some rattles. I've had them since 0kms. As far as slowly rev'ing up, there is an assortment of noises and the rev's jump around a bit.

Time to do some research mate. Head over to NAGTROC and hit that search button. The guys over there have helped me no end with various worries I've had. :thumbsup:

Here is a tip for you. Drive the GTR like you just stole it. These cars are awesome.

The more you drive them hard, the better they are. Life is short.

If you havent already, get a midpipe & COBB. Then prepare for smiles.

Its funny.. years ago I sold my tough R34 GTR cause I was sick of the clutch rattling

at the lights. Now my R35 makes more noises but I forgive it cause it is so good in bed....

love is blind...................... actually maybe I am just blind & should go to bed now.... haha

All Skylines seem to be like this...they have their myriad of squeaks, rattles and clunks...which only seem to disappear when you drive them hard!

So I'll continue Munro's analogy: Skylines / the opposite sex - treat them mean, keep them keen.

Yeah, will definately take a bit getting used to ... coming from a 2.5L Z4

Have plans for full exhaust, intakes + piping and a cobb tune in the not too distant future. Also after some new rims and tyres too.

Hers's a few pics from today. Kuro black stock as a rock.

WP_000170.jpg

WP_000166-1.jpg

WP_000171.jpg

Have plans for full exhaust, intakes + piping and a cobb tune in the not too distant future. Also after some new rims and tyres too.

WP_000171.jpg

Sounds like Willall could help you with that. And while you're at it, maybe consider an aftermarket tranny brace + internal upgrades to cope with the additional power :thumbsup:

I would absolutely love to mod mine, but after reading the proliferation of tranny failures after power modding, I'm quite happy leave mine alone pinch.gif