SAU Community

Turbo Advice

vesh

I am building a track R33 GTR and needing some advice on turbo choice.

I currently have twin dash 5s on the motor which will be going into the car which currently makes about 350awkw.

I am considering going for a single turbo setup, most probably looking at getting the GT35R with .86 exhaust.

Are there any pros or cons with going for the single set up or should I just stay with my current one?

Also what manifolds should I be looking at if I was to go single.

Cheers in advance

Stay with the -5's

GT35R wit a 0.86 Rear is going to be fairly similar in response and it means a whole lot more cost involved in setting it up.

Run it on E85 and wind the boost up to about 22-26psi to make 400rwkw which is pretty much spot on to be competitive.

-5s & GT35 = basically the same thing.

That said Chris from Racepace did a 1:17 round Sandown in his car with -7s (330rwkw E85, full weight, no cage), which previously only cars with ~380rwkw could achieve. Goes to show that driver experience and car setup play a more important factor than outright power depending on the situation.

The only track huge power will help at down here (in a street rego'd type car) is Philip Island - stick with the -5s as is and learn to drive the car - and drop another 8k @ suspension/brakes/transfer case