SAU Community

R34 Gtt Gauge Swap

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to swap the stock gauges in my GTT (and maybe added one to the A-Pillar) to something from the Defi range (haven't decided which ones yet)

My question is to anyone that has changes the gauges, what's a better fit? 52mm or 60mm?

Cheers

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to swap the stock gauges in my GTT (and maybe added one to the A-Pillar) to something from the Defi range (haven't decided which ones yet)

My question is to anyone that has changes the gauges, what's a better fit? 52mm or 60mm?

Cheers

There was a DIY thread on how to make them fit and look fairly stock.... I tried to find it but had no luck....

If you find it, post it up so i can see it lol.... There is cheap ones on Ebay that are stepper motor with warranty and in the same style as Defi, i love Defi but cant afford them so will likely go with the cheaper option, they are RACETECH or similar, they look the goods but have an annoying preset warning light for boost.

There was a DIY thread on how to make them fit and look fairly stock.... I tried to find it but had no luck....

If you find it, post it up so i can see it lol.... There is cheap ones on Ebay that are stepper motor with warranty and in the same style as Defi, i love Defi but cant afford them so will likely go with the cheaper option, they are RACETECH or similar, they look the goods but have an annoying preset warning light for boost.

Go Shadow Pro, Matt :) I've got them in my car, they work well and look exactly like Defi's.

yeah, it's kinda cool but an MFD just seems... under-utilised in a GTt

pic of my old GTt with gauges, from memory they were 52mm & a tiny gap between the window & the gauge, I made up a custom mounting bracket that screwed into the factory mounting holes for the original gauge cluster & held the gauges in place.

The small gap meant I was able to slightly angle the position of the gauges so they faced more towards the driver.

DSC04157.jpg

Thanks for the input guys

Looking through the DIY section people mentioned that a 60mm gauge will fit if you remove the window and 52mm if you leave it on

@Hanaldo, do you have a pic of the Shadow Pro in your car?

I've been looking at the Defi Racer series since you do not need the control unit. (http://www.defi-shop.com/products/rg/summary_rg/)

The only thing that concerns me is border that goes around the gauge and if that's going to fit properly even if I remove the window

Umm unfortunately I don't because at the same time as putting them in, I thought it would be a good idea to skin my gauge holder with carbon fibre, not realizing that the plastic expands and contracts with heat while the carbon fibre doesn't, so now it looks hideous. Not something I want to show off by any means.

If it helps though, they look like this:

WF3.jpg

Or something like this while mounted, but obviously in the 34 gauge holder not an S15:

nn5gmh.jpg

The backlights are fully adjustable, I didn't like them illuminated as much as they are in that picture so I turned them down. I've also got this video of my boost gauge, which is the same gauge just in the smoked face series:

Otherwise, my apologies for not being any help at all :P

Edited by Hanaldo

F--- gauges. Go MFD like me:

Eyy dude where did you manage to source out the MFD. I would like to fit one of these to my car also do you have a mappping of how you did it or its just a straight bolt on.

• 1 year later...