SAU Community

''drift Seat' Rails

mike91

Drift said bride seat rails fit with only drilling required on the tabs , i'll let you know mine should be in two weeks or less

Funny enough i found a drift seat ad that says they come with rails no expiry date from last year same time i bought my seats !! But they said no rails

I looked at doing mine but the factory rails are flimsy at best so you have to beef them up then run some flatstock or square tube and use grade 8 bolts to fasten , not a huge job but welding the factory metal even with lots of experience will be a pain and fiddly and most likely not able to be engineered to ADR in the end anyhow ? bride rails go 30-35mm lower on 34's so my head wont hit the roof so often on the lovely roads in adelaide

• 1 month later...

Got mine fitted and it took a fair bit of modification to mount on the bride rails and its still not right

They sit higher then factory ? But the rails say 25-30mm lower and the drift seats are pretty close to the same size as GTR seats

Im further back now but its not a good seating position because my head is jammed into the roof just like before , grrrr damn car rules , I would love to just bolt them thru the floor directly and not use the factory mounting points

They would be great for a 5'8 skinny ass driver

they do absorb the road shocks better of pot hole central adelaide , and look a butt load better then gtt seats being all black

So bewarned the cheap seats get expensive quick if you mount them with bride rails ( under 200 ea ) but took the mechanic all day to mod

and fix the compliancing monkey stripped bolts on the passenger side

to fit and buy your over a grand at least