SAU Community

Skyline owners hassled?

Protocol

ok well the main prob you guys have here with being "hasseled" is the fact that most general duty cops don't give a shit unless you're being a dick like my mates a basic cop said he checks out the cars all the time. I'ts the old gumpy under sexed traffic cops that you have to look out for like one of my x's dad's real grumpy. But yeah the bike guys and persuit guys are the shit ones oh another note neons under the car are legal just something like they can't shine out the front or something? But yeah there's a heap of car things that aren't illegal with transport but those dick cops don't like em so decide to be shits about it.

Ok I've vented lmao all's good now :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well the main prob you guys have here with being "hasseled" is the fact that most general duty cops don't give a shit unless you're being a dick like my mates a basic cop said he checks out the cars all the time. I'ts the old gumpy under sexed traffic cops that you have to look out for like one of my x's dad's real grumpy.   But yeah the bike guys and persuit guys are the shit ones oh another note  neons under the car are legal just something like they can't shine out the front or something? But yeah there's a heap of car things that aren't illegal with transport but those dick cops don't like em so decide to be shits about it.  

Ok I've vented lmao all's good now  :cheers:

please don't post anymore until you pass grade 10 english.

Sorry guys I got the flue I just read it and realised the confusion lol :thumbsup: I was just saying the only cops that really give you trouble are the traffic cops which r normally on bikes or the cars with speed guns. And my mate who's a cop said that most the things they get you for aren't really illegal they're just being pricks.

Sorry about the confusion I gotta go dope up now and refill the tissue box :)

look man

you want gtst or whateva you decide buy the ***en thing if not then dont.....!

it's that simple

you want to feel good with what you by then why worrie about being hasseled you going have a sook when someone up and says hey what a nice car or i had one of those and it ran like shit no of couse not but just stock from the lot

or if you want some mods then by a moded up one from the lot or the trading post or where eva but who care i dont *** the jacks if they have a problem with me then they can lock me and the car up together

they cant talk to run around with in hsv with chips and extractors on them so they can say shit

look man

you want gtst or whateva you decide buy the ***en thing if not then dont.....!

it's that simple

you want to feel good with what you by then why worrie about being hasseled you going have a sook when someone up and says hey what a nice car or i had one of those and it ran like shit no of couse not but just stock from the lot

or if you want some mods then by a moded up one from the lot or the trading post or where eva but who care i dont *** the jacks if they have a problem with me then they can lock me and the car up together

they cant talk to run around with in hsv with chips and extractors on them so they can say shit

.................................... took me a while to work out wtf you are on about.. :D

err you r so sill-e war wick and how cum u say its ded 2 us but is it cause of MSN (teh chat client for weenies) and nick names like ~!!!2@@---Sparkle_Princess_69---@@2!!!~ roffle roffle lol olooloo ROFLAMTLAPO etc etc thats what i say anyway 2 u cause i am not bad at engrish but hey u dont u just say it anyway even tho its cause of MSN being for gay people but MS have put it in every computer cause of windoze but hey i heard of something called loonix but i think only nurds have it cause they havent got a life UN LIKE ME I AM COOL ON MSN and have heaps of msn buddies they love me cause i have a big nick and also i have a wallpaper background when you chat 2 me and also i am 16/f/bris and who wants 2 chat 2 me?!@?# lololol rotlfamlao.

*sigh*

err you r so sill-e war wick and how cum u say its ded 2 us but is it cause of MSN (teh chat client for weenies) and nick names like ~!!!2@@---Sparkle_Princess_69---@@2!!!~ roffle roffle lol olooloo ROFLAMTLAPO etc etc thats what i say anyway 2 u cause i am not bad at engrish but hey u dont u just say it anyway even tho its cause of MSN being for gay people but MS have put it in every computer cause of windoze but hey i heard of something called loonix but i think only nurds have it cause they havent got a life UN LIKE ME I AM COOL ON MSN and have heaps of msn buddies they love me cause i have a big nick and also i have a wallpaper background when you chat 2 me and also i am 16/f/bris and who wants 2 chat 2 me?!@?# lololol rotlfamlao.

*sigh*

NOW THAT IS FUNNY

*sigh*

:D

Yeah...nice one geezer :)

The mods you can do, without any problems are, Tyres, Window tinting (not on front window) window wiper blades.

Everything else would/could be defect unless you have a enginer cert on it, in QLD the enginer cert is in the engine bay and lists all the mods that have been enginer cert'd so if you have that on every mod the police can't defect you as it's been deemed safe.

Pods are illegal because they can make too much noise thus taking your car over the safe DSB limit on engines.

If you don't have the enginer cert then it's basicly up to the cop as to what happens there after, you might not get anything you could end up with a $150 fine plus 3 lost points as that what the defect fine and points are, amount of defects don't seem to matter.

Also need to provide an engineer cert to the police to say everything is safe or fixed up.

You can be defected for not having enough tire tread..... as a guy at my work got done for also get done for 3-4 other things as well.

As the saying goes though, Act like a dickhead, get treated like a dickhead.

enginer cert.. anyone have one? I'm curious to see what it looks like.. :P

Also to the saying of "Act like a dickhead, get treated like a dickhead" partly correct.. but.. anyway....

The mods you can do, without any problems are, Tyres, Window tinting (not on front window) window wiper blades.

Everything else would/could be defect unless you have a enginer cert on it,  in QLD the enginer cert is in the engine bay and lists all the mods that have been enginer cert'd so if you have that on every mod the police can't defect you as it's been deemed safe.

Pods are illegal because they can make too much noise thus taking your car over the safe DSB limit on engines.

If you don't have the enginer cert then it's basicly up to the cop as to what happens there after, you might not get anything you could end up with a $150 fine plus 3 lost points as that what the defect fine and points are, amount of defects don't seem to matter.

Also need to provide an engineer cert to the police to say everything is safe or fixed up.

You can be defected for not having enough tire tread..... as a guy at my work got done for also get done for 3-4 other things as well.

As the saying goes though,  Act like a dickhead, get treated like a dickhead.

I live in the sticks and the jacks haven't had the oportunity to pull me over but I know that they start lurkin' around the streets after quick, loud (as skylines often are) lap in the small hours in a small town. It is just a matter of time before they hassle me,should see the looks I get from the jacks (snapped necks).

I'm seriosuly looking to buy a r33gtst, but now feel I may be making the wrong decision...

Reading through the posts on here, it seems you guys have a bad time with the cops issuing defects and just hassling you in general.

All the r33's I have looked at are modded in some way (pod, bov, lowered) and I cant seem to find any concrete information as to what mods are legal (everyone has their own opinions).

I really want a r33, but I could do without the cop attention.  How bad is it in QLD.  I really don't want this to deter me from buying one!

Cheers, P

I have a 32 and I find if you have some kids toys and things lying around if you get pulled over and they see these things they tend to treat you as normal. Especially if you are worried about being searched. Worked for me in the city one night. My boyfriend has a 33 with neon lights under it. I got them installed for him and rang transport dept and found out that green is legal. Police dont like it but cant do anything about it. Anyone reading this who wants neons ring transport they will fax or post you the guidelines. (Know they can't be red,blue,yellow or white.)

Also one point (if you like to go a bit over the limit-km I mean,) other people flash their lights at you. 9/10 radrs I am warned about compared to 1/20 before skyline days, this is a huge benefit. The other day I think someone actually pulled in front of me and made me slow down before I passed a radar. I think they just assume you are speeding. I got my open and lost 6 points in first week, bought my line, no fines for 6 months. So far this is a record for me. And I go faster in this car than have ever been before.

Also 4 doors without big front spoiler have the power but look like all other cars (but really what would be the point of that.)

yar, like everyone else has said, ive never had any problems with the cops (that i didnt deserve)

i did get pulled up for bagging it up directly in front of a unmarked D car, but even then, i just said my foot "slipped" off the clutch and it was an accident, they didnt like it, but no ticket, the coppas just read me the riot act