SAU Community

R32 GTS-4 gearbox

OK... WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T POOR THE OIL THROUGHT THE GEARSTICK.. it doesn't work. the oil goes back into the transfer case... the transfer case has seperate oil to the actually gearbox.. use 1.8-2L of TRANS MATIC D OIL in the transfer case and 5L of 75w-90 gearbox oil. there are 2 drain plugs at the bottem of your gearbox.. one for the gearbox and the other for the transfer case. use a hand pump to pump the oil into the gearbox and transfer to make things easy. look in the DIY section at the R32 gearbox oil change.. its sort of the same thing.

have fun.

Well i might just post up here instead of posting a new thread but when i'm givin my car shit....

Like some times it will feel like it shakes and if i lay off the throttle and reaply it goes away now do either of you have this problem?

And no its not detonating.

I dunno i can feel it thru the pedals and in my seat i have no idea wot it is?

I mean i have spoken to a few place's and they have no idea wot it could be

HOPING its my box cos i'm droppin in a GTR 5 Speed soon so no need to worry about that!

I THINK and HOPE it is just turbulence from the BOV so i am replacing that so yeah fingers crossed

I had a similar shuddering problem with mine, at first I'd thought it was the transfer case, but it actually turned out to be a faulty AFM, and the shuddering seemed to be caused by the ecu hitting limp mode all of the sudden. (That was my theory anyway)

Whilst this was happening though, I noticed that the torque guage actually moves when I've still got my foot on the clutch... should it actually do this? (ie. does the guage just indicate the torque split, or the actual torque measured at the front wheels?)