SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Same man and it looks really clean too!

Well... steering wheel doesn't have bite marks out of them like most and plenum doesn't looking like someone poured battery acid on it like most haha

Check underneath and look at the chassis rails, check for rust etc...

Also, have the car out in consistent light to make sure the body reflection is nice and straight all along (it shouldnt have wavelengths in the paintwork)...Also bring a magnet and put it in a sock and run it over any areas of concern as this will pick up bodyfiller etc as magnetic attraction will be weaker.

And check for all original seam welds...(will be matte in appearance). Unoriginal seam sealer will be more shiny and have white streaks through it.

Good advice benji.

Well, on my way back to Perth. Holiday was too short :-(

Picked up my front pipes and covers from Paul today. They still need a bit if work, but just waiting on a new cat and the engine will be basically done and ready for some boost and rpm.

Also saw the first commercially sold Nitto 2.8 crank and pistons at paul's...they looked pretty smick.

Man that thing was clean!!! The interior was as good as ants.

The engine bay had no peeling on the plenum and every hose felt squishy and brand new.

Was in heaps better nick then my car!

Pretty sure he'd take 16 for it too.

There was one thing though. The under side of the boot was darker then the outside paint colour. It wasn't black but a darker blue?

Not sure, Defs worth a relook at when I'm ready with ant dawg

The engine bay had no peeling on the plenum and every hose felt squishy and brand new.

There was one thing though. The under side of the boot was darker then the outside paint colour. It wasn't black but a darker blue?

In panelbeating, it is very difficult to make a repair that is so good that there is not even the slightest bit of water leakage.

Did you notice if there was any moisture in the taillights? If there was, its likely a repair has been done.

The interior side of the bootlid having a darker shade of blue sounds odd. Was it matte colour?

nah did see any moisture man, the headlights were sweet but didnt check rear.

misus only gave me 30 mins to go over it as she needed to go to work so didnt even get a drive :(:(:(!!!

yeah it could of just been like a matte. was just in a carpark so hard to see. it looked so good i doubt that itd be a problem. considering bonnet and boot had it.

i hope its still available by the time im ready to buy!! pretty keen!!!

paint fade dude.

i totally would be interested if i was looking..

yeah i thought itd be a mixture of both of those, thanks guys.

even more keen now :)

hope it doesnt sell!!!! he has shit photos of it, its stock and he isnt a good seller until you meet him so hopefully itll wait for me!

hey everyone. just got back from holidays and im cleaning my series 1 r33 up a bit but all the work is boring me and thought it might be a good opportunity to meet some of the local skyline owners and get some ideas for mine. just tossing the idea up of a new years meet and maybe a cruise?

hey daniel,

we got a cruise coming up on the 4th of jan, the friday.

event hasnt been made yet i dont think but yeah were going up to wooten way and then maybe have drinks afterwards somewhere closer to home i beleive.

nice one mate, uhh its north of raymond terrace.

its a nice deserted windy road and best of all its 100kms the whole way.

just keep the day free and be sure to pop in and ask up closer to the day

will do. injectors are being cleaned tomorrow. if i dont brake anything in the process i should be good. mums birthday is the 3rd though so itll be cutting it close. what time would kick off be?