SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

if you have free time feel free to come work at my house for free, youll learn heaps of trades, painting, horticulture, carpentry, electrical! hahaha

nice one, i spose they wouldnt be out to much on monday nights, thursdays-sundays are bad haha

hahaha yeah. well im thinking bout asking around for even some unpaid work at a mechanics before uni goes back and maybe a day a week.

and we havent had any trouble yet and we've been running meets for about 6 months now. supprisingly ive been pulled over alot in my lancer (its dead now) but not once in the skyline.

Your lancer is dead?

So you're the guy who wrapped his Lancer around a tree at Sugarloaf?

hahaha well dad taught me pretty much all his electrician skills but im no professional. plus i grew up on a farm so im an all rounder.

thats the reason we meet early in the week. before i got the skyline i use to hang out with the foreshore and kooragang croud but now i avoid it like the plague.

and no that wasnt me. my fevo (fake evo 6) got destroyed out near wollombi. came round a bend and there was a wombat on the road and i swerved, went up an embankment and smashed the front end on a rock and then it got trailered home.

haha good stuff, my dads an all rounder an ex mechanic so im a bit of an all rounder too haha.

yeah i hate those fags haha, everyone here knows how much and all of them dont like being called fags so they dont like me either hahaha.

man when i was scouting for my cruise i nearly cleaned up a roo!! lucky i was in a skyline i swerved at 100km/h haha, martin was in the car with me and didnt see the roo so needless to say we both needed a diaper change!!!

so a friend sent me a link to how to diagnose no start, no crank issues. and we went through his first couple of steps. the next one is to check which cylinders are up and down and if my case follows to the one in the video (on a civic though) it looks like my motor is toast. think if thats the case i might need to go on my japan trip early to relax. but anyways tomorrow will tell us. i dont know why my motor would die seeing as we serviced it completely 3000km ago and it was running fine when we took the fuel rail out and 24hrs later when we were putting it back together its buggered. and yes i talk alot.

and yeah i didnt have much room as my mate had stopped about 10m infront of the wombat in his 80,000 dollar bmw so i figured stuff the lancer and put it up the embankment. either way i came out on top seeing as i own a skyline now.

hmm did you touch any timing? timing belt? cam gears? anything in the head? you sure you dont just have a clog in an injector or something?

when you turn the key does it try and start or just do nothing?

thats ok i do too some come chat more often!!

ah good choice haha

when you turn the key it makes the sounds that ud expect if u had a flat battery. but i have 12v at the battery. and the injectors shouldnt be clogged seeing as i just paid 120 bucks for them to be cleaned properly.

so tries but not for very long?

to measure a battery you hold your metre on the pos and neg while starting it, it will always drop usually to around ~8v, less then that, theres your problem, give it a try first man.

if it sounds like its trying to crank but then just fades out and stops trying id say defs battery

when you turn the key it makes the sounds that ud expect if u had a flat battery. but i have 12v at the battery. and the injectors shouldnt be clogged seeing as i just paid 120 bucks for them to be cleaned properly.

where u from daniel?i could probly come have a look and give u a hand gettn it goin

im in birmingham gardens. it was suffering from hydralic lock which has been cured by accidently spraying a mate with petrol (he is okay now). the new problem is it is cranking but not igniting. so im thinking when the bosch spark plugs got submerged in water they died. we've called it quits for today. it also has a semi flat battery. its at 11v with the ignition off and drops to 3v during cranking so weve been using the forester to jump it. so at this stage im thinking ill invest in a set of ngk plugs, some new oil and then i need to get some fuel to my place from the servo as im running too low to make it to a servo when she does come back to life. also has anyone had any issue with bosch plugs?

another update. so i figured out my fuel in and out was backward on the rail. so i reversed it and then tried to jump start her. cranked for 5 seconds but no ignition. so i gave up. second attempt it hydralicly locked straight away. any ideas?