SAU Community

Custom R33 Boot Help

Fryday13

Right for starters I currently have my 2 door GTS25 R33 without a spoiler so the boot is sitting low. Im really not a huge fan of spoilers allthough I understand the benefits they can give. What I do want to do its essentially slope the sides of the boot lid so that they come up to reach the side of the rear quarters. The photo I have added is of a WRX Boot lid and is essentially what I want my boot lid to look like so the sides slant up. What I am looking for however is tips on how people think they would do this themselves? looking for some sound advice because as much as I have access to spare r33 bootlids I'd be happy to get it right first time.

My original thought was stagger duck tape to get the right slant and height then bondo the shape and sand it in, So you may see why I need help.

auto-part-impreza-wrx-9th-truck-cover-boot-lid.jpg

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

where abouts can u get flush boot lids from?

www.justjap.com

www.carmate.com.au

Warning, turn volume off when u enter this site as they got a suprise for u lol

Edited by rbscreamer

• 4 weeks later...

Try fibre

Glassin only

Problem I could

Imagine u having is the mounting

Them nicely

With out lifting

Of the fibre glass

Ha yea I had someone else mention aluminum welding so I think that is the route I will take. Pretty keen to make sure my boot lasts through summer though so I'm waiting till next year before I get to it I think (unless I can get a cheap scrap boot in reasonable condition) I still think itd be a sick look so if/when I get round to it I'll post up here. But if anyone beats me too it im happy to hear tips

• 1 year later...