SAU Community

Mechwarrior Online

R31Nismoid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No set release date - set for Q3 2012 far as i know.

BETA starts in the next few weeks... Hopefully i get in :D

The more i read and see about this game, the more epic it looks like it will be. Looks to be a LOT of content will keep coming over the first 6-12 months as well via enhancements to mechs, customisation and all sorts of rad shit (all free).

Only issue with that means it could potentially be quite buggy. Lets hope it's not like some other releases of recent times where users are essentially beta testers for 6 months

You will get into beta Aug 7th as above.

The clans will not appear in MWO until after a year after release bringing with them much awesome content.

Already runs pretty well and looks very good.

• 2 months later...

Time for a Bump Since no More NDA

and I want a headcount of who is playing - I have been playing for about 6 months now and still love playing it

*raises hand

Jacob (Div) is on there, as is Cozi (my bro).

I've really gone off it actually to be honest from the BETA point of view. It was so limited during with mechs, weapon imbalance(s) and so on. A whole heap of features have been added over the past month (i've been reading the details notes each time) but I've been so busy with other things I didn't have enough time to do any testing justice.

It took so long to grind out a XL380 engine for instance (5hrs easily) that it was just a painful kunt being reset each week and losing it. Made it really hard to experiment with the larger Mechs and varying builds that could ultilise speed.

Also not having many friends to play with - there were a LOT of retards, more than any other game, who just didn't grasp the basic concepts of the game and mechanics. You'd get morons who'd run off along and get stomped by a group lol. Or jenners who wouldn't scout and just hang around with the Atlas or my Cata/Awesome LRM boat which totally defeated the concept of doing it and i ended up getting raped :D

Concept is still awesome regardless and I think if we could organise a group and play together whilst on Team Speak it would be epically awesome with people playing their dedicated roles in the game and outfitting mechs to compliment a group purpose etc. Also the overall commander thing (not sure if thats in yet?), that concept will be great as well.

Once they add planets, missions, proper clans/mercenaries the whole struggle for power - It will truly be a fking sensational game as that is where it will blow other current games out of the water from a overall involvement factor. I feel that is still long a while away however.

If a few of you are keen to team up regularly then I'll make an effort to get on again, otherwise i'll stick to smashing master league in SC2 lol :D

I'm in it too, haven't played for around a month though. Only having one game mode and 3-4 maps ended up getting boring. It probably doesn't help how similar a lot of the gameplay is to WoT either, considering how over that game I am.

I don't really play it because I have friends that are very reliable judges of games playing it so I don't bother to make the time while it's beta.

WoT is looking pretty sweet after v8.0 too and with my tranfer to SEA I lol'd to find I am well inside the top 1000 for all players on that server.

I should really just not buy any special versions of games ever, or pre-order. Turn out to be very average far too often and then the ones I don't buy turn out awesome. Definitely need a time machine or a 'actually your game is shit, my money back please, kthx'.

I got a Beta invite yesterday so will fire it up tonight.

I'm in the Hawken Alpha and, well, it's utter shite. Am keen to get into MW.

Hawken is alright but needs a lot of improvement much like MWO did 6 months ago

• 4 weeks later...

Just started yesterday the game has potential, at the moment I can see myself getting bored quickly. The audio feels like its lacking and the distance blur is a little over the top.

Are there any advanced guides out there, no idea what I should be aiming at.