SAU Community

R34 Gtt Standard Service

agags333

Hey guys

Looking at doing a service on my gtt.

i see so many recommendations for oil/oil filter and spark plugs not sure which way to go.

Dr drift recommends castrol edge 5w30, with bcpr6es spark plugs.

If anyone can concur with this, i mean is such an expensive oil needed?

Would appreciate some feedback

OIL=

OIL FILTER=

SPARKS=

Thanks!

here you are my good man

oil - motul 4100 turbolight 10w40

oil filter - ryco z145a

sparks - ngk bcpr6es

ive tried a few different oils and such but this is what i stick with now. as for the cost, no one ever said buying/running a skyline would be cheap, and i like to use good stuff for everything

the bcpr6es one are gapped at 0.8 or 0.9 i cant remember exactly, if your only running factory boost, or have yet to experience any misfire's then stick with 1.1mm gap ones, they provide a better spark on idle

If you take the 'S' off the part number, thats the part number for the same plug but with the v-groove in it. Not sure what this groove does bit its supposed to be better. Same price.

Edited by GoHard

car is always "bubbling" at idle, i get these pops.. it does misfire when i hit the pedal on the way down the rpm

its also misfires heaps when i plant it in second at around 5-6 rpm,

im thinking coilpacks, but do i go a lower spark gap?

I go up to 10psi, but mostly run on stock boost and my car never misses a beat with .8 gaps. Idle is fine too. Coils I wouldnt imagine would be a problem untill higher revs/load/boost?

mine very rarely pops on idle, but im running a little more boost and thats why ive got 0.9mm gap plugs. as for your car the idle and misfire may well be caused by the spark plugs (maybe) being old and too larger gap, bottom line id try switching back to 1.1mm gap ones and see what happens. spark plugs are soo much cheaper than splitfires, but it it still misfires with new sparkplugs its something you may have to look into