SAU Community

Hot Start Problems Rb26/30 Apexi Ecu

leeroy_25

I have had issues with my car starting from hot pretty much since it was first built. Seemed to be fine after one mapping session and then another mapping session later it was back. Tuner is quite a way from me so I have not had a chance to take it back.. SoI was trying a bit of self help! With the assistance of some experienced guys on here hopefully!

I was googling the other day and found an old thread on here describing the same problem with some suggestions but no final post of the end result.

Basically if I go for a drive and the car is warmed up then say stop for petrol.. fill up.. go pay.. when I come back to start the car sometimes it keys over a long time before it fires and when it does the rpm is real low and you have to give it a blip to clear it.. then it's fine. Rarely it will fire and then stall.. Then key over and nothing.. then key over and fire instantly and with a blip as before it's fine?

First of all I was wondering if the heat soak was setting messing the air temp settings up? as it does get hot under the bonnet quite quickly if its a warm day. And it is definitely worse on warm days.

I pulled the air temp sensor plug off to try and test the theory and it didn't seem to help? i.e it did the same thing.

I did notice that if you stop and then start the car straight back up it's perfectly fine.

I am guessing it is lack of fuel or lack of spark? just not sure why and then how to fix it..

One suggestion was a faulty FPR. not sure why this would only effect if on hot start?

I have played with the cranking settings in the ECU a bit but don't think these would normally need changing and I am not 100% sure which way to move them in honesty.. but they don't seem to make a lot of difference with what I did try.

Leaky injector was also mentioned in a post? However I would imagine this would only effect 1 cylinder an the car would start ine but run lumpy for a second?

Anyway if anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it! its sounds like quite a few people have had this issue but cannot find anyone posted and answer to it!

Thank you

Lee

• 3 weeks later...