SAU Community

V35 Tailight Tint

Hi guys

Was looking into getting some Taillight tint for my 350gt... I want to get something light so my lights are still visible at night. Have seen some pics on google images and the tinting looks great. What are your opinions? Do light tinting (30%) attract cops? Am not looking to go the full blackout rout as i have a CIA and a few other mods installed already.

What are the chances of a defect?

Thanks

There is a guy on G35driver that offers all sorts of tint for lights and roof vinyl covers etc - you can find all of his stuff here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/

His user name on G35driver.com is bluebatmobile, you could PM him as well.

I think I read somewhere in here that it is illegal in NSW but I could never find that post again, maybe others can advise!

I have tint on my rear lights. The cops don't bother me. But that could also be because they see the glowing blackview recoder in front of the rear view mirror.

I will point out that it may be better to get the tint where the bulbs are not covered but the rest of the light is. It does lower the strength of your lights if you cover the whole thing.

When I got mine done, I thought that my lights stopped working and had to get someone to check. As I could not seem them from the rear view mirrors anymore.

Still, it does look really good.

By the way I got mine done at TSX Auto Styling at Nerang. Cost me nothing as I was getting a lot of other work done there at the same time.

Sean great stuff those tints look awesome though i bought blackout tints before reading this post. I might have to create the 4 holes myself onto the tints i have as its hard to see the break lights when i try those tints on.

Edited by KingManu23

Sean great stuff those tints look awesome though i bought blackout tints before reading this post. I might have to create the 4 holes myself onto the tints i have as its hard to see the break lights when i try those tints on.

No worries mate, i'll be getting that vinyl very soon. Yeah it comes with the 3 holes already cut out, shame you didn't post before you bought! I'm sure it will come up looking good though,

You can buy already cut-to-fit vinyl tint, that you just apply to the taillight, Id suggest using something like a hairdryer to heat the vinyl up to mould it into the taillight if you have the taillights that arnt flat across, but Im pretty sure any taillight tinting is illegal in all states? Hell im in W.A. and if its banned here then it would have been banned in the eastern states ages ago before W.A. We are still aloud to use radar detectors in W.A. o.0 XD but yea anyway, search ebay "G35 coupe Smoked taillight tint", fairly easy to do, plus just heat+rip off if ever stickered, f*k spray!