SAU Community

Project Ooy34

Ok guys been che king out some other builds on here so thought id have a go at making one.

Car is a 92 r32gts-t. I picked it up just over a year ago with panel, paint and rb25 motor and box conversion completed already. The interior is pretty much stripped. Has no rear seats, just a sub and amp. Car is fully caged, just a bolt in job for now welded job to come later. Got driver and passenger velo fixed back bucket seats with Mona harnesses. Seats look awesome but god dam they are uncomfortable for someone my size lol.

I picked the car up a week before powercruise last year in bris so the only mod in that week was a set of 20's just to raise the height of it a bit. I gave it a quick fluids change then off to powercruise it was.

The main aim was to have some fun. First session friday morning the standard rb25 turbo gave up on me in a big way. The only replacement I could find was a standard rb20 item. So then it was down to 7psi for the rest of weekend. Still managed to have some fun and win some races just had to be a bit picky who I raced lol. Went in the burn out comp on Saturday night for a bit of fun but that's where my weekend stopped. Turns out 196hp on a sticky pad wasn't enough power to comfortably turn the rear wheels and my clutch had other thoughts on the matter. Weekend over.

So wat to do with a broken r32 now. A few ideas were tossed about but we decided to do let's do it once and do it properly. Quick budget was made up and looked reasonable enough. Its amazing how quick budgets get blown out of the water.

Motor is a 26/30 which I bought off a mate who unfortunately had his gtr written off by his ex gf. This motor came with approx 35000 in receipts and it has the best of the best in it. I picked it up substansially cheaper than that tho. Quick case of removing the sump to convert ro rear while drive use and check out the bearings and it was all systems go. It was only a short motor so had to fund my own bolt ons. Stole wat I could off the 25 then hitnebay, big mistake. Remember that budget, its gone.

With a complete motor sitting there and a car to go into for some reason the project just stopped. It stayed that way for a few months until we realized powercruise was only a few months away. In a day we got the motor sitting in the engine bqy and the box bolted up. It didn't see, right tho the motor was to high and to far forward. The ppl who had done the last conversion had made a mess of everything which only became obvious now. We had to cut and shut all engine mounts and move the move the gearbox back 50mm. Ok motor in and sitting right, new problem. Cheap ebay manifold was sitting way to high to close the bonnet. Enter 6boost manifold.

Working in wa made life difficult web the car was I. Queensland. Enter good mate and mechanic matt to finish off wat I had started. First things first he cleaned up any un-nessacary lines from the engine bay then called me and cursed me. Once the yelling was done he started wiring up the haltech and brand new loom. Fully heat shrinking every wire and fitting. Wiring complete it was time to sort out oil coolers and lines and intercooler piping. Brand new 2000cc injectors replaced the old 1000cc hks items and 2 brand new in tank walbros were installed in the boot.

Car has made it first run on the dyno now and achieved a impressive 648@whp on 22psi but started pushing oil cos for some reason the baffles had been removed from the tapper covers. We have installed new baffles and now just waiting on new valve springs and retainers to arrive before putting it back on the dyno. Was on full boost by4900rpm and from wat I have been told very nice torque.

Im sure I have missed details out if there is anything u would like to know more about let me know. I'll upload some pics I hope they come out in order.

Thanks guys and thanks to everyone else who has helped along the way

Pic 1 is how I got the car

Pic 2 first mod, new wheels

Pic 3 replacing broken turbo at powercruise

pic 4 new motor ready to go, prior to having 6boost manifold

Pic 5 car ready for transplant

pic 6 hks t51r sitting on 6boost manifold

Pic 7 almost complete

post-78721-0-35357300-1343179127_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-60194900-1343179208_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-07290900-1343179240_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-67015800-1343179279_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-20053900-1343179326_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-14175100-1343179360_thumb.jpg

post-78721-0-58757500-1343179381_thumb.jpg

New valve springs and retainers have been installed, new heavy duty valve proved to be a bit more painful than first thought but all good now. Tuner is predicti g a power increase on less boost just by the upgraded springs. Hopefully Tuesday I will be able to let u know

• 4 weeks later...

Update. As predicted on the same boost the car went 684 and held power all the way through to 8700 with only very minor drop off. Seen a maximum figure around 730bhp but the car was just turning the tyres at 200km/h.

Can't wait to finally drive this thing at powercruise.

Nah mate no vids at this stage. I was a bit distracted while it was on the dyno and the thing is to loud it would just sound distorted. There will be plenty of videos from powercruise tho