SAU Community

Fs: Lexus Ls400... Cheap Tow Car

Thinking of letting go of my Lexus LS400

Tecnically it is a Celsior as this is a JDM model that was a personal import to aus a few years ago, but has lexus badging.

200xxxish KM

4.0L 1UZ V8

Auto

Dark green in colour

Mid spec model (leather but no sunroof)

Tow bar (rare to find for these)

Recently replacede in the last year:

-New alternator ($600)

-Aircon Regassed and new parts for a/c ($400)

-New lower ball joints and tie rod ends ($300)

-New tyres all round ($600)

-Electronic brake controller for trailers ($200)

Bad points:

-Damage to D/S frotn gaurd and dent on Drivers Door

-Paint fading all round and peeling clear coat on bonnet

-Tears in leather on both front seats, wear on steering wheel/gear shifter

-Could use a wheel alinment

-Power steering switch plays up some times and makes steering a bit heavy with no revs (blip of throttle cures this)

The car has regually be serviced by me every 5-7000km with decent oil. Doesnt chew through oil or coolant. Has been my daily for the last 2 years and towed the s14 20+times even towed a C33 rolling shell back from brisbane without an issue.

It is fine to drive just rough apperance wise.

NSW rego till the 8th of August 2012

With this in mind asking $2500

PM or message me 0431616515 (shift work so best to text)

Located Campbelltown NSW

CAR IS VERY DIRTY IN PICS

been raining nearly everyday here

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

Edited by (Locky)

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1394082951286916/ I have personally driven this car, lowball and buy :D. Save yourself all the time on the obvious upgrades later, which you will want to do, and end up costing much more than this. Save this post so you can refer back to it later when you tinker on it and do the same mods and spend more money.
    • After the version 1.48 update this week I was so excited about the EG Civic (Yes, I like old Civics, don't judge me) that I challenged my brother-in-law @r-is-for-fun to a time trial challenge. An EG Civic with any mods around Tsukuba. (Note that this is also this weeks Sport time trial which I hadn't seen, minus the mods). So, my EG was converted to a B18, left NA and upped to ~240hp. Full weight reduction (879kg) and I managed a 58.223. I think Al's best was around a 58.4. I'm opening the floor now, what can you do with a modified EG around Tsukuba?
    • Correct, I used to run 1x SSR for both pumps, but the inner OCD in me wanted 1x SSR per pump, so here we are   Flyback diodes built into the harness   Here's my DC table
    • No speedo = no odometer Also, in case you think that that's a good thing (which it is if you want to keep the mileage artificially low), the ECU needs the speed signal to do things properly. The ECU makes different decisions about things like idle speed etc when it knows that you're moving. The HICAS and various other systems also need to know vehicle speed or they can chuck the sads too.
    • Thank you very much for answer! 🙏 One more question. My car is sitting waiting for turbo to be repaired. Is speed sensor somehow related to mileage? Will it add or count mileage without speed sensor plugged in?