SAU Community

Skyline Coin/momento

Hi there

Thought you guys might like to see this.

Got given this item the other day by a guy who apparently got given it by someone that worked in the factory and had it given to him there, not sure how true this is or the full story so was hoping someone on here could tell me more about the history of this piece and how many would have been given out/made?

It feels quite heavy, possibly bronze I think and is about 5cm in diameter.

Looks like a concept 240k on the front of it.

Thanks,

Matt

Here's the pics of front and back:

V__6078.jpg

V__3F71.jpg

Looks like Dom's charger from fast and the furious.

Never the less, verry verry cool.

I done a couple of quick searches and just got a few jap sites.

Also i think the coin is a remembelia of a guy called Shinichiro Sakurai. He worked for a motor company called Prince Motor company as a chassis engineer, Prince Motor company designed the Zero fighters in WWII. That company merged with Nissan in the mid 1960's. He was dubbed Prince Skline because of his involvement in the 'Prince' range of cars that where released in the mid 60's and played a key roll through the next several Prince cars to be realaesed. Shinichiro Sakurai went on to become president of Autech in 86. He kept working for nissan died at age 81 in 2011.

that's cool if it's all legit.

For some reason the first & second post reminded me of the tv show antiques roadshow, where the owner of an antique gets their item appraised & the appraiser talks about the history of the piece. For that reason I read the second post in my head with a british accent lol