SAU Community

Iphone Won't Send Emails When Overseas

macdog

Evening gents,

How's it going?

Question for you tech blokes.

When i'm overseas I can receive emails on my iphone, however I'm unable to send them. says email was rejected by the server...

I'm with bigpond. It's POP3

I understand that I would be using a foreign server... what do I need to change in the mail settings of the iphone to be able to send emails?

thanks for your help...

cheers

I would suggest taking the phone to the nearest Apple store and asking them.

i suggest taking it to the local petrol station and pouring a liter of fuel on it and lighting it :P

• 2 months later...

I would suggest taking the phone to the nearest Apple store and asking them.

Thread Revival...

does anyone else have this problem?

Apple were no help at all by the way...

Someone said something about adding gmail.com to outgoing mail server...

Come on... where are the TECH heads on here??

has anyone used outlook.com??

lol all the tech heads dont touch iPhail

im surprised the store that sells them exclusively was only good at taking your money but not providing after sales support

I would have thought the same.

Walked in, looking forward to getting the problem fixed... then leaving 30 seconds later with no fking help.

Although, I did notice only 3 other people in the shop.

Lach, it's not an iPhone problem, it's a network problem.

Some ISPs don't let you use their outgoing mail server when you're not connected to their network.

The easiest solution is not to use a Bigpond email address, but setup something Google/Gmail as Aaron said above.

An alternative is when you get your SIM or whatever you get to use the local network, ask what the details are for their outgoing mail server and change the settings in your phone to match.

Should work!

By far the easiest way is to setup a Gmail account then go Settings >> Accounts and set Gmail to send via your Bigpond account then use Gmail for everything when you're overseas.

Lach, it's not an iPhone problem, it's a network problem.

Some ISPs don't let you use their outgoing mail server when you're not connected to their network.

The easiest solution is not to use a Bigpond email address, but setup something Google/Gmail as Aaron said above.

An alternative is when you get your SIM or whatever you get to use the local network, ask what the details are for their outgoing mail server and change the settings in your phone to match.

Should work!

Ok, I understand...

someone was also telling me about SSL and changing to port 25 when I'm overseas with Telstra??

So I can setup a seperate GMAIL account with my details for Telstra?? I can still receive emails when I'm Overseas but just can't send...

Ok,

So I just want to make sure I've got this clear.

When I'm overseas with my Iphone and I want to send emails from my bigpond account...

I go into my mail settings, now do I turn off the bigpond outgoing mail server which is the Primay server? then switch on the SMTP.GMAIL.COM server?

Do I need to put in my username and password for the gmail server? Also does SSL need to switched on or off...

Here is a picture of what I have on my iphone in the gmail outgoing server...

Thank you for your help in advance!!!

post-65032-0-46602900-1349931093_thumb.jpg

Edited by macdog