SAU Community

Need Car Towed From Vic To Brissy

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone know of a cheap transport mob to bring a non running r33 from caroline springs VIC to loganholme QLD.

The best price i got so far is about 1200.................gasp

so any help or ideas would be most appriciated.

thanx..

Non running will always be more expensive

1200 sounds about right, just ring everyman in the phone book

thanks man, i have tried online everywhere.

phonebook is a good idea..

that price seems dam good, Ive been getting qotes here in sydney, Cheapest is $400 for 152 KM.......

yea i spose it is, its jus alot of cash but with the price of fule these days i guess its bout right.

If you can get a car and trailer it would obviously be cheaper but massive drive. $1200 sounds pretty reasonable.

yea i ended up buying a cheap 97 land rover with gas running and with tow bar.

i will borrow my mates trailer next week n do the trip, once i'm back i will either flog off the land rover or keep it as a tow vehicle.

i did the sums and i'm gonna end up payin jus a lil bit over half of what i was quoted at the end of the trip, providing i flog off the land rover...

I paid $400 to get a flat-bed from byron to brisbane, about 200k's.1

So I'd say $1200 is pretty good.

yea your right, i spose i wasnt prepared to hear 12 to 15 hundred, would hate to kno what it costs brisbane to perth....lol

Well I ended up buying a 96 land rover disco V8i, 5speed, Dual fule, towbar for 2 grand.

I am going to borrow a mates trailer and go a pick up a GTS4 in Vic.

Once I get back to brissy, I have a mate who is going to buy the disco.

So at the end of the day getting my new car from Vic is going to only cost me the price of gas, If all goes well.

kgrhqrhjc4eqz6wobqcqi0g.jpg

t2ec16hhjfoe9nh6qs4ybqc.jpg

Edited by anikee

Well I ended up buying a 96 land rover disco V8i, 5speed, Dual fule, towbar for 2 grand.

I am going to borrow a mates trailer and go a pick up a GTS4 in Vic.

Once I get back to brissy, I have a mate who is going to buy the disco.

So at the end of the day getting my new car from Vic is going to only cost me the price of gas, If all goes well.

^^ These 4 words pretty much sum it up!

Good luck dude.

Well the luck lasted. 4 Days on the road, over 3,000km traveled, fule (LPG) cost under $750.

The original plan was to pick up a R33 GTS4 Rollin shell from Caroline Springs, VIC but after looking around for a donk, I found a RB25DE Motor a suburb away at MHC Performance for $500. So I got the rolling shell towed to MHC as we were heading down to VIC and Nat placed the motor in ready for us to pick up the car from his workshop when we arrived.

In the end it was a big saving to drive down and tow it myself, I was lucky in buying a reliable tow vehicle but also for my friend to buy it off me once my purpose done. (risky but paid off)

part1345160695596.jpg

Edited by anikee