SAU Community

Cant Get My 34Gtr Up?

w34ponGT

hey guys ive searched but its not helping

i want to service my oil (ive done it before but where i jacked it up from it dinted the chassis rails)

im limited to where i can jack it from because its so low with ztune kit.

even using blocks im

only limited to my chassis rails, front tow hook

someone told me use the front tow hook but then forums say it can warp the chassis?

please help , and also when you take the oil filter off how do you save it going all over your engine?

p.s im not raising it

cheers

Edited by w34ponGT

Get a low jack. Use your stock jack and jack stands.

Use a wooden block and locate the round knuckle on your control arm, its right next to your wheel. Jack it up there.

I am not liable for any damage, but it should be a strong point

To save oil going everywhere, Put rags everywhere under the filter then you just gotta clean

Did you jack it the first time from the chassis rails or the sills? Shouldnt dint the rails to easy using wooden blocks to chock it up over the kit etc?..

Don't know if that's of any help

Edit sorry, my comments are for a hoist, an anything short from an oil relocation kit, not sure how to not get it all over the engine, usually just give it a descent spray clean afterwards

haha you like my thread title hey :P

my mechanic said its ok to use the tow hook so il use that or il just buy a new jack with rubber plate instead of those teeth biting things

lowered cars are annoying il admit

But they are so sexy.

I've had discussions with other 34 GTR owners previously about the ztune kit and it making it harder to jack.

A oil change is okay, as you can plan this. But always wondered how to tackle the problem if you get a flat tyre?

and also when you take the oil filter off how do you save it going all over your engine?

I normally just unscrew it and flip it quickly. It will still spill a bit however I just leave a rag under there to catch whatever i can.

After you've got the new filter on and finished the oil change - bring out a can of degreaser and a garden hose, it will come up brand new.