SAU Community

Clutch Pedal Feel Problem

Guest Robo's

Guest Robo's

My clutch pedal for starts is pretty close to the floor, maybe 1 inch before it responds which i have adapted to driving too and find in no problem. Been dirving around like this for 6 months with plenty of strength in it. Lately when i go for a run on the freeway or as if it warms up, the pedal now goes high and stiff from the word go. Its like its been adjusted. Ive been mucking around the pedal adjustment under the dash but doesnt seem to do much. I also just bleed the clutch thing under the car.

Any ideas???

Also on my latest trip to the drags, after a few hard runs, i couldnt select 3rd with a quick shift. This happened about 4 times. It was like i was grinding it and i had neutral. A few tests on the street and it seems ok. I don't know if its coincedence or what.

I have my clutch about 1 inch from the floor too, I have no issues with it but other people don't like the feel.

Lately at the drags (before I got it "adjusted") i'd have to put my foot "flat" on the floor (and leave it there) to release the gear and then engage rather then just a quick push on the pedal. I was told by the the mechanic that supplied fitted my clutch/brakes that its because I have an organic sports clutch where the plate itself will flex when worn/hot (he had a worn 1 their and showed me how flexible it becomes just by squeezing it with your fingers).

What clutch do you have?

I got a similar thing with mine...

Doesnt phase me... but you might have a leaky slave cylider (is that whats its called?)

As mine is leaking a bit, along with the clutch brainded line not being the right diameter is causing mine not to disengage at times after a fang.

Hey guys i have just had my clutch slave re-built,it was leaking into the cabin like a bitch.! pretty easy and cheap fix though put the car in the mechs in d morning and picked it up in d arvo for a cost of $150 including new fluid and re-biuld!Clutch now has full pressure and is nice and stiff!

QUOTE=KamikazeR33]just next to the gearbox on the drivers side

Guest Robo's

Im not worried about the one inch from the floor, but when it warms up, the clutch comes upto the top and it feels stiff, i dont like it.

The clutch is a heavy duty daiko clutch which hasnt let me down yet.