SAU Community

Rear Main Seal &100Km Service

jessiek

Hey everybody my mechanic has told me my rear main seal is leaking oil and i plan on replacing it just wondering would it be worth while doing any other gaskets while thats being done? my car is r34 Non turbo Auto

And also im overdue for the 100km service i am planning on buying the 100km service kit from kudosmotorsport but have read that is only a base for it what other small things should i be getting done besides obviously the oil.

thanks for you help!

Be sure its not the rocker cover gaskets leaking down and it looks like its the rear main.

i wouldn't rule these out because they've been changed before, i'd double check for sure!

Edited by WMDC35

OKay so i had a look at the car there is no oil around the Rocker covers

and i had the car on the ramps so took the splash tray off to give it a clean and saw a heap of oil on it!

it looks like the oil is coming from the oil pan/Sump(the one where the sump plug is in) i think thats what its called and it must be taking it back to the rear main

i just want to confirm what is it called and what would need to be done gasket?

thanks

Id leave the tray off for a bit, clean/degrease anything dirty to help u see where its coming from. The rear main seal is where the crank comes out the back of the motor, and youll typically change it when u do a clutch so id assume its never been changed on your motor. Of course that doesnt mean yours it leaking.