SAU Community

R34 Gtt Fault Code 17

agags333

Hey Guys

Just did a service on my car and noticed a TCS SLIP light come on.

now from experience ive known this to occur with fault code 21 ( coilpacks )

however it aint the coilpacks as its returning fault code 17.

Ive tried resetting the fault log. still comes up.

I do notice however that the TCS is no longer working. there is no throttle cut-off mechanism working when i try to brek traction.

Any ideas?

Images would help too since im pretty new to all this.

thanks guys

I think that code relates to the actual TCS throttle motor and/or the position sensor on it. I copied the below from an old SAU thread

Code 17

ABS-TCS control unit circuit

- Throttle control unit detects malfunction in the system (open throttle sensor harness etc.)

- TCS/ABS control unit detects malfunction

I have the same problem running on a PFC, as soon as I plug in the stock ECU the lights go away and everything works perfectly. When I first bought the PFC I plugged it in and it was all good, traction worked and the lights never came on.

All I have done on the engine was install turbo, new splitfires coil packs and put in .8mm plugs. I didn't toucht the TCS or throttle body at all and everything else I have done has been on other parts of the car as well.

I did a fault code check with the stock ECU and its all clear code 55, Im not sure but I think you can't do a fault code check on PFCs

It's really wierd and I still can't figure it out, Here the thread I posted about this issue with a PFC incase anyone has any input

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/407575-tcsslip-light-on-with-pfc/

• 3 years later...