SAU Community

Ku36's Anyone Got A Decent 60Ft Time With Them In A Gtr?

Country Cruzin

goin down to a test n tune at willow bank saturday night an was thinkin of getting a set of 275/40r17 Kuhmo KU36's. But a friend pointed out that when they're cold, i'll probably get worse traction then normal street tyres. would this be right? any advice thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks.

1.9?? im hopeing to run in the 1.5's, have got 1, 1.59 60ft an some low 1.6's with a set of falken 452's was hoping to run more consistent with a lil more aggressive tyre, i now have bout 340kw atw previous times were when i had about 280kw atw

1.5 will be very impressive if you can manage it.

On an airport surface with Hoosier Drag Radials i was managing 1.5 60ft (8000rpm launches), but then they were on 28psi or so and not under 20psi like they should've.

I forget what i ran with street tyres now. It might actually have been 1.7 - honestly can't remember. Either way a 1.59 is VERY good for street rubber but is indicative of lower power. You might find the rears will turn a bit harder with the extra 60rwkw :)

yer there is a lot of difference between a proper dragstrip an a runway/normal bitumen. 1.5 i would think very good for a run way. well i guess i'll have to flip a coin wether to go for the ku36's of a set of falken 453's n see wot i can do, do you know how much much its safe to drop pressures never experimented with it, but i would think it would help.

• 2 weeks later...
:blush: went with the ku36's went to willowbank test an tune last saturday nite. could see it was goin to rain shortly an i would be lucky to get 2 runs so had a stupid idea i'll drive through the water an drop a 4wd burnout to warm the tyres 8000rpm clutch drop with wet tyres, that part seemed to go well but then when i dropped the clutch again to launch a few seconds later the clutch didnt like it, an continued to slip down the strip a lil. never had a prob with it slippin before then when i lined up again thought the clutch mite cool off in that time drove round the water did a clutch drop by the time i got half way down the strip clutch was slippin like a bitch. then would slip goin down the high way on the way home once i got to round 5500rpm, then on sunday didnt slip at all , by sunday nite was handling clutch drops on normal bitumen no problem, so now not sure whether to give the clutch another go at the drags or not...

i went few weeks ago to drags with my new ku36 265/r18 tyres

first few runs with 40psi in the tyres got 1.7x 60ft times, dropped them down to 28psi and was in the 1.6x 60ft times

only 340rwkw

good clutch will be needed to take the abuse :)

Edited by SiR_RB