SAU Community

How To Get Rid Of Two Tone Color?

Alfred Y

Alfred,

As the others have said it’s a bit hard to tell from the photo. But from my Experience I would say that it just needs to have the paint corrected and then layers of protection added to prevent it from happening again.

There would be a few steps which myself as a Detailer would take to correct your car.

Wash the car - May even be worth using dish wash liquid. - This may sound harsh but in some regard that’s what you need to do. Get all the oil and dirt from the car so you can get right back to the clear coat. - I will note that I would never suggest doing this if you have waxes and sealants on the car which you are trying to maintain this is only used for when you need to correct the paint and get everything off to start again.

Clay Bar - You may need to take a 2 staged approach with the clay get rid of all the contaminants. You can get different grades of clay and without testing on a panel can be hard to say if only one or two stages would be required. Also don’t get too trapped into buying a quick detailer or "lube" when using the clay. Simply get your clean wash mitt which you have used to wash the car and just get the soap to run down the panel you are claying. All you need is some lubrication to stop the clay from sticking and this is a good trick to use. Also saves you a stack of money from buying bucket loads of lube or quick detailer.

So in theory the car should now be completely prepped for correcting.

If you have a buff pad this is where you want to look at the scratches in the paint and see what level of correction is required. If it hasn’t been done before a 2 stage approach may be required. This is where you have a cutting compound which will repair scratches in the paint not just hide them. If you get a bit of a haze when you are finished don’t worry this is a good thing. Then you want to get a Finishing Polish. This will restore the shine to the paint, there are 100's of products on the market but if you want some advice there just let me know.

Now your car is corrected all the two tones you are seeing in the paint will be gone and it will be back to the perfect white again.

Now its time to start adding your layers of Protection. I use AMMO.

AMMO is new to Australia and has been imported directly from the States. As with any protection it does come in a few steps.

1st Step - AMMO SKIN

This is the first step to provide a level of protection to the car. AMMO Skin is designed to work with the paint and protect the car. It can also be referred to as a sealant.

Now the best thing about AMMO Skin vs. some other sealants on the market this product can be applied by anyone, It is also not a super harsh chemical (although it is chemical based) that you need to be wearing gloves or almost a space suite to apply it. Although we do suggest gloves it won't destroy your hands. Which is good as that means it also won’t be super harsh on your paint.

2nd Step - AMMO Crème

AMMO Crème is your second step of Protection and this is your level of shine and POP! AMMO Crème can also be referred to as your typical Carnauba wax. This is where when you finish you will go all that time was worth it. AMMO Crème has been designed specifically to work with AMMO Skin again something which you may not get with other sealants is that the wax and sealant work together. I have been detailing for over 10 year and trust me when I say finding the correct combination can be hard work.

AMMO also has a few other products in the line up to help with maintaining the car moving forward as well. This is just as important as with all chemicals and products over time they will break down.

AMMO Foam – This has been designed as I noted above to work with Crème and Skin. It isn’t a harsh dish soap which we talked about earlier which will strip off all the wax and sealant but clean your car keeping the protection in place.

AMMO Hydrate – This stuff is super cool. Every step you complete while detailing a car involves a level of lubrication between your car and the cloth which you are using. But when it comes to drying your car this is a step which gets left out. Well not any more!! AMMO Hydrate is designed to be used while drying the car. You get a damp Microfiber cloth (warm water is best) 2 quick sprays of Hydrate and wipe it over the wet panel. You will see a slight streak left on the paint which will soak in and dry. What this does it adds some moisture to the paint and also tops up the slightest bit of Skin which is incorporated into the product. As you can see this whole range has been well thought out and works together to keep your car looking perfect!

Finally

AMMO Spit – In short this is your quick detailer. You may have the car at a show and its got dust sitting on top which you want to get rid of. A quick spray of Spit and a wipe with a microfiber cloth and away you go. This isn’t suggested to be used to wash your car just quick touch ups when you don’t have access to water and you need the car to look its best.

Sorry for the long post but I’m super excited about this product and it really does speak for its self. If you want to know any more about AMMO or any other detailing advice just ask I’m very happy to help. Also if you want to get your hands on this amazing stuff just shoot me a PM as I do have heaps of it in stock locally here in Australia.

Cheers,

Matt

Ultimate Precision Car Detailing

The Ultimate Shine & The Perfect Finish

www.ultimateprecision.com.au

Phone: +61 407 919 918

Thanks for the tips from everyone especially Matt. I will try your advice but would you please have a look of my gears are these all I need or I have to add something else thanks. I have Mothers Car Wash, Swissvax Car Bath, Meguiar's Clay, a normal Palm Polisher, Meguiar's Medium Cut Cleaner, Fine Cut cleaner, Show Car Glaze, Swissvax Wax.

Hi Alfred,

Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds like you have everything you need. Just make sure you keep applying layers of Wax and maintain the layers and you will have no issues keeping your car super clean.

Cheers