SAU Community

Heallanotfunctional Hardparked 31

Hey guys thought I'd put up a thread for my 31. I bought it as a run around when my 180b did it's rings in usual story though I can't leave anything alone. So another story of lots of money lots of tears and my usual sexy fingers being upto no good!

I bought it as a dirty 30 with some bling blang 18's on it for about half the price they wanted. It was well rockingham spec with upside down southern cross's and such is life stickers to boot. First I just tidied it up put a cd player and some splits in it, passage rear set , muffler and some panasports.

320556_10150863547990307_644305306_20791073_231955235_n.jpg

I then bought another 31 with a manual box 1 piece tailshaft rb20 etc etc that had been nicked and semi parted out. Didn't work out as well as hoped but hey! I did alright.

At first I started with suspension and changed the wheels on it. (wheel whore warning) I put a set of KTS teir III's and SR turbo front suspension set up in it thanks to mayhem and my old SSR Formula mesh wheels on it. I drove it like this for a week, it was the bomb! Auto, na didn't matter 10s/8s it slided so well seeing as the diff was that bad it would bottom out in the cash n spin both 70% of the time.

316821_10150900218735307_644305306_21048955_528011614_n.jpg

393260_10150357606551379_696921378_8433725_2087798049_n.jpg

Unfortunately I only got to drive it like this for a week and then stupidly decided to pull the motor out. Because all my mates had told me it's a weekend job to pu a 20 in a 31. A mate and I had it in and manual in 2 days. The afm had been cut off the loom so I rewired that in, it was running nistune with a z32 afm. I finally got it to sort of run and had a bad vac leak wouldn't rev up or go well under load etc.

and it looked like this for a while because all my friends were all of a sudden busy while I had the first car I'd ever owned that ran efi getting electrical issues. Lots of sleepless nights lots of anger.

2011-12-03_063222.jpg

Ru2wWh.jpg

x0uTUh.jpg

2012-02-22073022.jpg

After a few months I'd hate a bloke do some cashy electrical work on it and I got to the point where I'd booked an appointment with Andrew from hyperdrive. So i finished cleaning a lot of stuff up on it and gave it to him. Really lucky he didn't see what it used to look like as I'd cleaned up a lot and he was overwhelmed by the 31 dodgeyness.

trailer31.jpg

Trailer312.jpg

This is the day it went to to Andrew, he spent a couple of hours that afternoon on it and had told me to come pick it up. I got the and he'd limited it to 4500 rpm because it was running lean above that no matter how much fuel he told the computer to throw at it. It was still making 160rwhp on 10 psi at 4500. That 20's a good motor....

I get out the driveway and bang it drops cylinders. Had to push it back into the carpark and that was the last time that 20 ever ran. 2 looms, 3 afms, 2 cas's , 3 ecu's and 3.5 months later I was left with a bill no running car and a decision to make.

hyperdrive.jpg

This was the day I put on the trailer, I got told a couple k for a custom loom and computer and it would get the 20 sorted or put something newer in. I got a score of nick picking up the 25 for a very nice number with low kms on it. So i towed it to my mates who lived around the corner from the shop as Andrew was going to wire it.

268722_10151967269590307_65850459_n.jpg

we got the 25 in! after it turned out the clutch was gone, the radiator hoses needed replacing and a few other things that slowed down the once again two day job to about three-four weeks. Then Andrew was busy and booked out for a while I had a mate modify me a custom loom cutting out everything not neccesary and looked farking smicko! Sexy fingers at it again while old mate was in jp I accidently direct powered an earth and set the loom on fire.

So a week later I had another mate wire it in for me. That was last fortnight I got it home which was an interesting event. Had no clutch fan and a 32 gtr rad ziptied in after the old fan decided to be really split and flail round as it span and put a big smilie face in my radiator. Waited til like 11 o clock at night to drive it down the freeway don't worry didn't cook it.

253163_10152152987840307_1886196885_n.jpg

189436_10152009770930307_1584720667_n.jpg

I've had it home for the first time in about 7 months for the last week I've been tidying things up and trying to figure out why it won't play the game! Checked, afm, icv, tps, etc bit rich hunting, feels like vac leak have no vac leaks.. And that's where I'm upto!

542021_10152152987205307_285714662_n.jpg

253163_10152152987840307_1886196885_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I put the laptop on it the other day and my mate brought up his little diagnostics program at the moment it seems to be that the tps isn't staying in closed loop when you release the throttle which is not activating the icv to remain idle after the revs come down. I got told by someone that a 20 tps was the same, well not the redtop one anyway tried that last night.

New wheels are on, so's the r31house strut brace.

On the look out for some blue 33 seats if anyone has any?

2012-10-20125538.jpg

2012-10-20125528.jpg

2012-10-20092745.jpg

254229_10152189586030307_129531528_n.jpg

292873_10152189571275307_979316944_n.jpg

Well the loom we're assuming now is s1 33 stagea automatic or 4wd having some loom issues sorted most of them out vct's playing up a little but what's happening is the tps isn't staying closed loop when you get off the throttle. So it idle but as soon as you start cracking the idle when you back off it'll drop below idle then raise back up. Checked afm, vacuum etc and had the lap top plugged into it and read that the icv's getting a mixed signal and the tps loops flickering.

Lol Makes me leaugh hearing about 'the extra cubes" and talking about rb 25's hahahaha.

Yeah man because it had no bov so when the turbo was coming off spool I'd say it was shooting the air out and then sucking it back in and getting a crappy reading. Instantly fixed it, few other bugs to iron out but I've put about 180kms on it today!

I am a little lost s1 rb25det do not have vct where do u get ur info and stageas never had s1 rb25s in them so u could not have had a loom from them stop ruining cars and pay your debts good to see u left instantly after u got locked In a wardrobe I hope the transam isn't as f**ked as this car

Edited by base308

Yeah they went ages ago man I got a set of impul mesh's kicking around ones got a buckled lip so I wouldn't bother with the postage. If you want dope meshies smash up rollaclub.com no one wheel whores 15's like those ke boys.

But yeah in all honesty don't know don't care what loom it is. I know it's a s1 loom as it has the ignitor plug etc. and a blue ecu plug not grey. Had the same pinouts of course to match the 33 ecu but some of the wires were different colours for some of the things to the norm and it has an entire other plug which I'm thinking is for a TCU or a 4wd. I don't do my own wiring, the bloke who modified the loom has been doing Nissan looms for 10 years and is extremely high regarded in the 31 club for cashies and he bench wired it and did the off car test at home. When we plugged it in it wasn't getting coil signal or injector feed so he had to nut it all out with the multimeter. The loom that came with the motor is the one that I went retard on this loom was bought off a mate who got it with his motor and found out that it was series 1 loom series 2 motor.

which makes sense to me. S1 RB25 went both ways . non VCT and VCT. mine is a S2 grey plug ECU. in my case was mated to an automatic box. the grey plug ECU does the auto box control and engine control all in one. the extra harness on the S1 engine was usually for the automatic box controller.

can't use 15" wheels. I have big brakes under mine. min 18"

Agh fair enough if you're prepared to part with cash, lets face it most of us aren't =P

Get a hold of bev he likes his 18's and his mesh but he doesn't get ém cheap or sell em cheap either.