SAU Community

Why Do Some R34S Look So Different Like This?

Hey guys, I was just curious as to why some R34 Skylines look different to the more common ones, I've noticed some of them have this different body kit on them which is stock from the factory, but whats the differences between the two R34s?

It's a bit confusing to explain, so i attached photos

The back of them seem to have a wider and lower rear bumper with mesh in it, and the front of it seems to have a red badge that is a part of the actual bumper, again with mesh.

post-78310-0-25954400-1352096606_thumb.jpg

post-78310-0-14231600-1352096609_thumb.jpg

thats the 'Altia Aero' factory optioned body kit available from from Nissan when the car was sold new

for series 1 models it also included this wing;

21350928.jpg

the Nismo kit was also availble as an option - front bar, side skirts, rear bar and wing (all of which provide functional aero);

0EA620D30E694C2FA98879CB5B063195.jpg

844A4AD5558F4518A1F045616A415ABA.jpg

4EDD5ACC628C4A81A4418FEAC247EC9A.jpg

as well as the factory option lip for the series 1 front bar;

6820828216_42897e97e3_b-1.jpg

and lastly the series 2 front bar - the below pic has a aftermarket/DIY lip by the looks of it;

281570_10150259269370983_592045982_8100578_5608235_n.jpg

oh wow, never knew that. thanks heaps.

just wondering, the car in the photo i posted, does that mean its a series 2 R34?

and is this kind of car a lot rarer? or common? or any information on the differences on the car i posted would be awesome

they arn't rare moreso less common than the factory standard front bar - as customers would have to pay a premium for anything other than the standard bumpers;

the Altia aero option was available to the later series 2 models, the only way to tell would be;

- no 3-piece wing, series 2 models were offered with the standard wing

- series 2 interior;

- 2 tone steering wheel with emblem in the center / gear shifter, silver faced dials, aluminium drilled pedals

03.jpg

- series 1 interior;

- black only steering wheel with 'Nissan' embossed and black gear shifter, dark faced dials, black rubber pedals

28090625.jpg

frontinterior-1.jpg

Edited by squareznboxez

okay, i get that. but it gets a bit confusing because,

the car i posted the photos of has the standard wing, and you're saying that means its a series 2?

yet the interior of it is more like the last photo you posted, the exact same interior almost, except it has the 3 gauges like boost etc.

so from this, the photos of the black car i posted, is it series 1 or 2? considering the interior is exactly like the last photo you posted

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af65/squareznboxez/frontinterior-1.jpg

okay, i get that. but it gets a bit confusing because,

the car i posted the photos of has the standard wing, and you're saying that means its a series 2?

yet the interior of it is more like the last photo you posted, the exact same interior almost, except it has the 3 gauges like boost etc.

so from this, the photos of the black car i posted, is it series 1 or 2? considering the interior is exactly like the last photo you posted

http://i994.photobuc...tinterior-1.jpg

that seems to be a non turbo and also auto by the looks of your steering wheel? Seems to be a S2 from the colour scheme inside.

Edited by darksky34

for the spoiler, both the 3-piece and standard spoiler were available with the the series 1 cars, where as the series 2 was only offered with the standard spoiler

if your interior looks like the last photo, its a series 1 model with the altia aero kit with the standard spoiler