SAU Community

V35 Park/neutral Position Switch A/t

I would start by reading the relevant bits in the A/T manual. If you can't find a copy I can upload one (9Mb PDF).

The PNP switch also has VSS info passing thru it & bypassing it probably won't be as simple as cutting some wires or sticking an earth on somewhere.

A description from the manual:

DTC P0705 PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH

Description

_ The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission position switch.

_ The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.

On Board Diagnosis Logic

_ This is an OBD-II self-diagnostic item.

_ Diagnostic trouble code “PNP SW/CIRC” with CONSULT-II or P0705 without CONSULT-II is detected under the following conditions.

– When TCM does not receive the correct voltage signal from the PNP switch 1, 2, 3, 4 based on the gear position.

– When monitor terminal of PNP switch 3 is disconnected.

– When no other position but “P” position is detected from “N” positions.

And a wiring diagram & reference values attached FYI.

post-76144-0-97715700-1352201726_thumb.jpg

post-76144-0-62850600-1352201736_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the conversion.

I would start by reading the relevant bits in the A/T manual. If you can't find a copy I can upload one (9Mb PDF).

The PNP switch also has VSS info passing thru it & bypassing it probably won't be as simple as cutting some wires or sticking an earth on somewhere.

A description from the manual:

DTC P0705 PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH

Description

_ The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission position switch.

_ The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.

On Board Diagnosis Logic

_ This is an OBD-II self-diagnostic item.

_ Diagnostic trouble code “PNP SW/CIRC” with CONSULT-II or P0705 without CONSULT-II is detected under the following conditions.

– When TCM does not receive the correct voltage signal from the PNP switch 1, 2, 3, 4 based on the gear position.

– When monitor terminal of PNP switch 3 is disconnected.

– When no other position but “P” position is detected from “N” positions.

And a wiring diagram & reference values attached FYI.

post-76144-0-97715700-1352201726_thumb.jpg

post-76144-0-62850600-1352201736_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the conversion.

Thanks for the info

Hey does anyone have the IPDM Pinout diagram for a right hand drive v35 or 350z?

Apparently terminal 53 of the IPDM requires constant 12v from the ignition switch for the car to start.

I'm not sure if there's a difference between LHD G35 & RHD V35/350Z, but see if this file helps:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/373528/pg-pdf.html

Where did you find out about terminal 53?

Edited by Commsman

There is a differnce in ECU and the IPDM from the looks of it i know that the 350z and v35 coupe share a lot of the same electronics but what i need is the pin outs for the 350z/v35 RHD IPDM pinout locations so i can find that pin.