SAU Community

rb25det in r32gtst

undefined

Hey there

Have been wondering about a engine swap from a rb20det to a rb25det in a r32gtst was just wondering if its a direct swap aswell as how hard is it and is there anywhere where i can find some instructions or something with all the wiring and stuff thanx

yeh its pretty straight forward swap, make sure though you use the RB25 gearbox, yours will last about 5 mins

2 approaches to ecu and wiring loom.. get them intact with the RB25.. or use the RB20 ecu and have it chipped (can't chip RB25 ecu's).

Hey,

I've done that swap on mycar.

Do it!! Its worth it.

Engine pretty much bolts on, wiring needs some work to connect to the RB25 ecu.

Or you can try to fit in the R33 dashboard. Makes things easier.

You can get good info on the wiring stuff on Meggala's website.

Use the rb25 gearbox, much stronger.

I was tossing up this idea, and i came to the conclusion...why would you? Fitting an RB25 is all well and good but for about 2k more you could get an RB30DET built with some nice bits and pieces, (forged pistons, arp bolts, better water/oil pump, slight head work etc) You are still fitting a good engine don't get me wrong, however it is second hand, which you don't have the history from, and has a high static CR (which I don't like)

The RB30DET looks like a winner for me, extra displacement again, and will be a brand new engine, built for your specs, will be a lot more responsive than the RB20 for sure, and also the RB25 with heaps of head room for improvement. These are just my thoughts, if you are going to do it don't do it by halves...mmmm RB30DET