SAU Community

Newb Here!

adicted2boost

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to take time to introduce myself. Since the link "new to the forum" wont cooperate with me i figured I'd start one.

The names Marsh and I live in Japan. I just recently purchased my Godzilla. A 92 BNR32 GTR, White and virtually stock! For now :)- Being a previous STi fanatic, well my only comment i have for the GTR is... I'm in love!!!!

Great forum by the way, I look forward to getting to know you all!

-marsh

Thanks Luke Gtr!

Following the detail ill post up pics.

In the meantime, any recommendations on where to start? My knowledge is pretty limited on skylines being that there are none in America. As it stands now, she's got a 105,000km on the clock. Bought her from a Japanese tuner shop named PowerBox. From what I understand its a really reputable shop. However I think the owner threw in some random parts to sweeten the deal?

Mod list includes: Volk rims, twin plate clutch(unknown brand), HKS intake, Koyo rad, turbo timer and a power fc. Feels incomplete right?

It's my understanding that the gtr's were manufactured severely under tuned, with intake and exhaust flow restrictions. So why the twin plate and power fc?

First mod I have planned would be exhaust. I'm looking at Tomei titanium and possibly putting in the cat delete pipe as its pretty easy to get away with in Japan. Anyone running the same exhaust?

Thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks Luke Gtr!

Following the detail ill post up pics.

In the meantime, any recommendations on where to start? My knowledge is pretty limited on skylines being that there are none in America. As it stands now, she's got a 105,000km on the clock. Bought her from a Japanese tuner shop named PowerBox. From what I understand its a really reputable shop. However I think the owner threw in some random parts to sweeten the deal?

Mod list includes: Volk rims, twin plate clutch(unknown brand), HKS intake, Koyo rad, turbo timer and a power fc. Feels incomplete right?

It's my understanding that the gtr's were manufactured severely under tuned, with intake and exhaust flow restrictions. So why the twin plate and power fc?

First mod I have planned would be exhaust. I'm looking at Tomei titanium and possibly putting in the cat delete pipe as its pretty easy to get away with in Japan. Anyone running the same exhaust?

Thoughts/ suggestions?

first of all, lol at "powerbox".

ok, for exhaust, try and get a turbo back, as the dump pipes can be quite restrictive.

keep the cat, as long as you have a high flow, ahouldnt affect power.

pfc is probably there so they can squeeze more power out of factory set up.

twin plate would be for feel and longevity on a stock set up.

hope this helps.

intakes weren't restrictive apart from afm's at very high power.

• 3 weeks later...