SAU Community

R33 4 Door Manual Conversion

top13s

Hey guys I'm planing to convert my s1 r33 4 door to manual, so far I've picked up a complete manual conversion, and it just about ready to go in I jus need a couple things.

Now I plan in eventually running an aftermarket ecu so I don't wanna waist money on buying a stock manual ecu.

Wat I want to kno is will I be able to run the auto ecu with out any dramas till I get the ecu I want,

The other thing is I can't find any info ATM for how to do manual conversion. I've got a mate helpin who's done it before but I want to have a look so I have more of an idea as to what were doing.

I see a lot of ppl do them so does some one kno I some one who's done a how to??

Also any other advice is appreciated, I'm getting the fly wheel machined and the rear main seal replaced wile the box is off,

And an exedy clutch came with my conversion so that will save me some cash till I get a better clutch

Auto ECU will run manual engine, no trouble.

Don't forget to install the gearbox loom. It replaces the (driver's) engine side loom.

You have to be kidding about not being able to find info. This has to be one of the most commonly asked questions on the whole internet over the last 10 years. There are 10^43 pages out there with howtos.

Buy a new light chrome-moly flywheel. Save a couple of kilos, enjoy the niceness. Better than spending money machining a stocker.

Rear crank seal might be a good idea, but if you really want to do stuff to make life better, swap ALL the coolant hoses. Do welch plugs. Do timing belt. Do water pump. Do cam cover gaskets and half moons. Do plenum gasket, put new exhaust manifold studs in the head. Get new nuts for the exhaust manifold and turbo and dump. Properly flush the water passages. Etc.

Awsome I had a few ppl tell me the auto ecu will make the car run different due to diff gear ratios, but it didnt make sense to me I figure its gonna run the engine as it should either way.

I'm looking for the cheeper option ATM lol I've just spent a fortune on new timing belt water pump cam seals front main and cam cover seals

oh an new splitfire coils. It's a reliable solid engine, has never played up on me dosnt leak oil Im lovin it

And yeah I google manual conversion and all I find is manual conversions for sale lol

ATM all this car needs is the manual box, an ecu and tune some decent tires and the front brake disks replacing (they have a shine I'm planing to get Dba slotte)

And eventually I may do fuel pump and injectors. I've put a garret gt30 on it it's set up to run 18psi but its on 15 ATM and its running rich as

Yeah been running it for almost a year now. I don't often pin it. I do drive with a light foot. And don't often let it boost over 10psi but it pulls well on 15 psi, the stock turbo has no pull at all. I was a lol shocked how slow a standard skyline is

• 7 years later...