SAU Community

No Garage Cafe Meet This Month

emts

soon it will be members only garage cafe meets

-_-

Monthly meetings have been open to the public for 7 years, that will never change.

I'm sure the entire Vic Forum gets that you don't think it's 'good value', even though it's one of the cheapest CAMS clubs in Victoria... So I'd suggest you go find another club to join and stop being a pain in the ass to this one.

Post another pointless comment/dig about the club - i'll start removing the posts.

Monthly meetings have been open to the public for 7 years, that will never change.

I'm sure the entire Vic Forum gets that you don't think it's 'good value', even though it's one of the cheapest CAMS clubs in Victoria... So I'd suggest you go find another club to join and stop being a pain in the ass to this one.

Post another pointless comment/dig about the club - i'll start removing the posts.

Wow. I actually have to agree with you on this one!

im not diggin the club at all. maybe open the members events to public so we can at least see what you'se are secretly doing so then it will entice other people to become a member.

explain the costs.

$70 start up

$50 renewal?

and then $95 for yearly CAMS license?

what else?

Lol discounts at a lot of reputable mechanics, some autobarns there are a lot of other things. Maybe have a read of the become a member thread. The fact that you actually can't get a cams license without being an affiliated club member is one point, the fact that If you are insured with Shannon's or just car u get a 10% discount on your premium which basically would cover all the costs for getting a cams license and club membership, let a lone all the other discounts..

Don't know if i should keep going or explaining to a lost cause :S

Membership with other CAMS affiliated clubs is usually $100 or more. Hell, if you come to the SAUVIC annual dyno day, I'm pretty sure the sign up was only $50 (and if you wanted, a $50 dyno run as well!). You don't have to get CAMS, that's up to you and only if you want to get involved in great motorsport events. Also all the discounts more than make up for the cost of membership, the only discount I ever use is the Garage Cafe one.

Instead of disrespecting what is probably the most affordable and value for money club out there, why not go check out other CAMS affiliated clubs and see how much more you pay and how much less you get for the membership.

Also, there isn't much in the members section, events usually get posted up to the public forums anyway, but the details are usually withheld to entice new people to come along. The club is a friendly community, not some Illuminati-like secret hideout for vikings.

At the end of the day, if you don't want it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to be a paid member, all it does is enhance your time and experience with the club. Everything else is the same ;)

Deals and discounts from our sponsors & supporters:

Import Monster

Driver Dynamics

Racepace

Micolour

Pedders South Melbourne

Garage Cafe

DT Panels

Sabbadin Automotive

Tax Stuff

Chasers

Headspec