SAU Community

Defected

iDannyz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its outta rego for more than 12 months then you need an inspection before renewing the rego. You can get it inspected anywhere. (10% of all inspections are recalled to Dickson at random, kind of a quality check of the inspector)

^^^ As above.

HOWEVER!!!

Last I heard the loophole on the rego.act.gov.au website still worked whereby it advises you that vehicles that have lapsed rego for more than 12 months require a RWC, yet will still allow you to renew it. lol. Give that a shot first if this is the case.

Hey Taylor, seeing as you seem to know alot about rego i thought id ask something i have been wondering. On the rego act site it mentioned imported vehicles needing to go through dickson anyway. Im assuming that this is purely for fresh imports that have been complied not registered? I havnt ever had trouble regestering anything but just thought id ask.

I took the silvia today. Failed on tint being too dark on the LHR quarter glass and headlights aimed too high. I went around the corner and stripped the tint off then went to find someone to re-aim my headlights. Tried a good dozen places in dickson, braddon and Mitchell and the only place that wasnt too busy to help out was jap spec garage, and they were the only ones not equipped to do it lol They helped me out though and told me how to do it in my garage so I went home and aimed them.

Took the car straight back to dickson (didn't have to rebook) and those two items were ticked off, but some time during the day a tennis-ball sized hole blew in the bottom of my muffler :( so I got failed again.

Round 3 tomorrow.