SAU Community

Defected

iDannyz

Hi all, I recently got a minor defect for being too low and exhaust noise, on the defect notice it says that I have to take my car through Dickson Inspection Station. I heard they arent easy going.

I was wondering since its only a minor defect for being too low and exhaust noise would they put my car onto a hoist and give it a full check ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends if they feel like being a dick.

ahh shit. should I just unregister and turn in my plates ? not going to take the chances of going through the pits if they'll put it on a hoist.. lol

Well, if you don't clear the defect it will technically be unregistered pretty soon anyway.

BTW - they don't use hoists, that's why it's called going over the pits :yes:

I took my old ute in there not long ago to get the engine number changed over and they did a full inspection and butt reaming, so expect them to be bastards and then you won't be disappointed.

Well, if you don't clear the defect it will technically be unregistered pretty soon anyway.

BTW - they don't use hoists, that's why it's called going over the pits :yes:

I took my old ute in there not long ago to get the engine number changed over and they did a full inspection and butt reaming, so expect them to be bastards and then you won't be disappointed.

Cheers for the info ! just getting as much info as I can, scared they'll look under the car cause I have an external gate setup and they wont be too happy with that.. the rest looks stock besides the pipe hanging out the bottom lol

Even if its a minor they still do a full inspection. It will need to be returned to stock, especially if its external gate and screamer. Its a go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 kinda thing. You can try get passed, but they will ping you on everything you think they will + much more!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

I think a lot of people just do the deregister then reregister thing using a friendly authorised inspection station.

I'm taking my silvia over the pits at dickson next week, not looking forward to it!!

I think a lot of people just do the deregister then reregister thing using a friendly authorised inspection station.

I'm taking my silvia over the pits at dickson next week, not looking forward to it!!

yeah that was my idea to get it through without going through dickson. but I have a feeling they might make me go through it anyways.. not sure though but hopefully everything will go according to plan.

did you get defected or going for a history check ?

Yeah no chance getting it over with a screamer lol... Was it one of those RTA roadside setups that got you?

GL getting it passed. Can be quite an interesting experience.

I was thinking of getting the screamer plumbed back for the inspection but then again they might fail me for other stuff. nope, was one of those highway petrol cars, the officer was really nice to me though, guess thats what I get for being slammed lol.

cheers, will be updating on this thread on how i go !

I thought they could still go over anything they wanted at their own discretion.

FJ needs to go over Dickson as his car has an engineer's cert. Even with that it's quite possible they'll give him a thorough reaming.

For cars over 10 years old they don't need to go over Dickson other than things like engineer's cert or if you've been ordered to.

When you buy a car that needs a history check done at dickson, do they still put it over the pits, go over everything and can they defect you even though you arent there for that?

I think if you buy an interstate car it has to go through the pits regardless of how old it is for a history check

Danny if you don't mind me asking what were you doing when you got defected?

Always thought ACT police left us alone until we fark up and do something wrong?

wasnt doing anything wrong, was just cruising and got pulled over by one of those sergeant/highway petrol cops for an RBT and got defected there and then

Edited by iDannyz

Any ACT defect is a full inspection these days.

As for canceling rego and re-regoing the car Dickson told me 2 years ago (during an inspector course) that people cancel rego and re - rego 6 months later but they have cottoned on to it and only go harder on them. Also dicksons new favourite rule is BOV / FMIC - can have 1 not both. (Either though it came with a stock bov and side mount). Good luck, they check everything from window tint to balljoint play.

I think if you buy an interstate car it has to go through the pits regardless of how old it is for a history check

Nope, only if it's newer than 10 years old. Just went through the process with my daily driver.

Also dicksons new favourite rule is BOV / FMIC - can have 1 not both. (Either though it came with a stock bov and side mount).

Hmm - they did come with both from Factory.

So whats the ruling or thought behind that?, and are you saying they will make you remove one or the other ?

Make it easy to defect all turbo'd skylines in the ACT just because ....

I can understand ATMO BOV's, or ATMO catch cans but not stock stuff.