SAU Community

Splitters/lips For The Sport Bumper?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ well that is a NISMO front bar .... but the lip doesn't jut out anywhere near as much as the normal NISMO lip does.

Correct - the nismo front bar is one single piece - replaces the OEM front bar completely.

I don't know if it sits lower than OEM + nismo lip.

I've got both so can take a measurement if you want?

Like most nismo stuff, the differnces are subtle, but side by side they are two very different shapes.

The nismo bar is much squarer - it almost drops vertically towards the ground on all sides. It is certainly one piece. The line that looks like the point that the lower lip section is joining the front bar is a moulding line only.

• 1 year later...

It is the NISMO front bar. Nismo actually don't make the lip only. I bought my car with the NISMO body kit, that's with the side skirting and wing as well. But that doesn't means they are OEM. BTW the NISMO kit are in fiberglass too. They will drop the car 2" comparing to the OEM bar.

post-53067-0-07022100-1408259031_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlyingEL

Haha funny this topic should come back up. I ended up biting the bullet and bringing in 4 urethane Nismo copy front bars in late 2013 (an absolute nightmare of an experience, and significantly more costly than I was anticipating).

I have one on my car, have sold 2, and have one currently for sale. And yes, as you mention FlyingEL, the genuine Nismo front bars are fibreglass and crack/shatter if you bend/hit them too hard. Mine is urethane, which can literally flex 180 degrees back on itself and just pops back into shape.

So, I still have one sitting here for sale :whistling:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/433400-f-s-v35-coupe-urethane-nismo-style-front-bumper-bars/#entry7064468

• 5 years later...