SAU Community

Exhaust Length

nick88

Hey guys, does anyone know if an aftermarket exhaust (cat-back) from say a 4-door skyline is the same length as the exhaust to suit a C34 stagea? or are stageas their own length all together?

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by nick88

Hey Nick. They are different. I don't have OEM specs, so, according to Wikipedia (don't know if it's gospel) the R34 sedan length is 4,705mm & the C34 Stagea length is 4,800mm. Then there is another problem as I encounted recently. Exhaust lenghts are different even in the same model range. I bought a cat back exhaust to suit an Autech thinking it'll be a breeze, but, it was slightly longer (due to the fatter rear bar of the Autech), & the exhaust cut out in the Autech bar is bigger than a standard. So I had to make spacers for the rear hanger bracket, use longer bolts & leave the hanger near th LH rear wheel off to achieve around 7mm clearance between the rear bar & the tip. *NOTE* I only have the standard rear bar not the Dayz. This bar may again be different for fitment........

Thanks for your reply.. I assumed they would be longer just wasn't 100% sure.

Guess ill have to start looking for a new exhaust system as finding a second hand one seems fairly rare to find

Hey Nick. They are different. I don't have OEM specs, so, according to Wikipedia (don't know if it's gospel) the R34 sedan length is 4,705mm & the C34 Stagea length is 4,800mm. Then there is another problem as I encounted recently. Exhaust lenghts are different even in the same model range. I bought a cat back exhaust to suit an Autech thinking it'll be a breeze, but, it was slightly longer (due to the fatter rear bar of the Autech), & the exhaust cut out in the Autech bar is bigger than a standard. So I had to make spacers for the rear hanger bracket, use longer bolts & leave the hanger near th LH rear wheel off to achieve around 7mm clearance between the rear bar & the tip. *NOTE* I only have the standard rear bar not the Dayz. This bar may again be different for fitment........