SAU Community

First Track Day At Mallala

Ricky_Bobby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your car is not making huge power and your have pads that have over 50% pad left you should be ok for your first time. Just make sure you keep an eye on your pads as they can wear down very quickly at Mallala. QFM A1RM's were good for 1.20's in my car, they work great.

As everyone says, keep an eye on your pads, if they're low then source something spares locally. Running old stock stuff ya probably won't put that much load on the car anyway, which OS good, just don't be suprised if your pedal goes to the floor

In the medium term I wouldn't get too precious about your rotors, you'll soon be throwing them in the bin. I still run sporty street crap and they crack after a few good session. Works out economical for me to replace every 4 track days when the pads are low, they're cheaper than pads! As for pads, I've been using pmu club racers and love them. (if ya run out of pads I've usually carry old spares anyway)

Motul fluid seems to be a popular choice, been using the 660, but running 600 now as it's easier to source when ya need it.

Ps: garages used to be $30 payable to the dude on the pushbike.

I expect I will learn about alot of shortcomings in my brakes, suspension, tyres ..... well the whole car really !

Being my first time out I wont be laying down very good times, therefore not really fussed about what I am using this saturday in the way of pads, fluids etc.

Pretty keen to just get out there and have some fun, I will worry about improvements for the 23rd of March.

Well I was about to put the car on the trailer late last night and discovered I got a bad fuel leak . Upon investigation it seems a fuel line split which would have meant hours lost getting and fitting another. At $100 + $35 for garage for maybe only half a days track work I decided to sit this one out.

23rd of march is the next goal , gives me time to get brakes machined , new a1rm pads and fluid.

Maybe even treat myself to some coil overs .

Hope you lads have fun .... Sad panda