SAU Community

Am Now The Owner Of A Laurel C33

Samgrainger32

yeah wow i mean even if they are "hand made" cant see the sense in paying 2k for a manifold unless you have more money then sense... as for the trust the day will come when one of us buy it after old mate has road the 32 off wont be long and as i had 8k flashed in my face all i seen was manual conversion for the laurel and more haha

hard one of them nights tonight everything going great manifold almost back on nek minute stud randomly strips out of the block :( arhhh thank god for helicoils really want it back on before the weekend so i can get stuck in to other things and take it for a spin ;)

CARS GOING AGAIN manifolds back on and all going not leaking from manifold any more but is a small leak coming from where the dump pipe bolts to the turbo as one of the bolts are stripped will fix that should be easy fix hope so anyway then would like to take it to have it put on the sniffer just to make sure everything is ok with the tune and that as im not sure whats been done look it for a good drive last night and filled it up and drove 184km on highway and i had just over quarter of a tank left!! :woot: so it really really loves fule its done smell to rich and its not all black up the back of the car i believe it has something to do with the auto box and it slipping as its getting worse wont even go skids :( so sad but all that will change as soon as i get the manual in it cant wait to have it done and few little issues left and should be running good only really need to sort out the hand break and cable now...

all my goodies showed up today thanks to phatlavish for everything now have

-rb25 gearbox

-crossmember C (fit right in no mods needed tested this on frenchie1001's laurel the other night)

-excedy button clutch

-flywheel

-break and clutch pedals

-manual dash cluster

-laurel manual center console

-manual shifter

-all bolts for gearbox and everything

-r33 tailshaft

-manual wiring loom

-sandwitch plate

parts still needed:

-clutch slave cylinder

-clutch master cylinder

-clutch line

-r32/a31 manual handbreak

-a31/c33 handbreak cable

-mod tailshaft (going to try front 33 back manual laurel shaft

-gearstick dash surround

hope i haven't forgotten anything

havent done anything else to mine and probably wont this week been working every night this week on zacs laurel (frenchie1001) and after almost 12 months of work building it will (finger crossed) start tomorrow been a great build and learnt heaps be awesome to see it back on the track!!!

no i haven't found a full hand break cable i have the start of it and im hoping it will be able to hook up in to Y section just behind the box but im sure a31 ceffys are the same im gonna try and find one of them if it wont fit as is

well today i actually worked on my own laurel for a change pulled the manifold and everything back off and to find the new manifold is warped really pissed off about this as it was brand new trying to decide on what to do weather to get another one the same or try something different but im not spending $1200 on a 6 boost cant see the sense in that and i all so have bad heat problems wiring melting around the strut tower oil drain line off the turbo has melted through and the silicon bend off the turbo must of been touching as well and has done the same :( so will have bend welded to turbo and the oil drain made longer so it clears the manifold and try to move the wiring on the gearbox conversion side ive recived the the gktech clutch line very fast postage and after being stuffed around something shocking by kudos motorsports with the clutch master and slave told them dont bother after waiting weeks and weeks ive just brought a slave and master of the same guy i got the gearbox and the other parts off he has been a great help and ive found a company in NZ that can convert my electronic speedo to a cable so i can use the 25 box in the laurel so alot going on but im in no rush....

post-93126-0-42192600-1364115273_thumb.j

post-93126-0-60474500-1364115362_thumb.j

post-93126-0-21024000-1364115427_thumb.j

yeah dude stainless manis warp real nice

That sucks though hope you get it all fixed soon.

And its not hard to convert your speedo man, i did mine took me about 15 mins to change the cogs over

Follow this guide here, it's all in there

It's a d21 navara speedo sender they even have the part number at the start of the tutorial for the sender. It was like max 40 bucks for the sender and you reuse your r33 gearboxes speedo cog or you can order a new one I you don't have one/it's f**ked

http://www.jdmlegion.com/KnowledgeBase/Engine%20and%20gearbox%20conversions/Making-a-mechanical-speedo-sender-for-the-RB25-gearbox-f0271b89-cd6e-425d-bc0a-ee62f51dfaa7

well over the ester had a awesome day at the Tasmania drift practice day at symmons plains even if i wasn't driving and and done a little to my car pulled out all the left over aircon ie pump and lines ive started on my conversion as well removed the auto shifter foot break and auto break pedal mounted the clutch pedal and clutch master and the clutch line having trouble getting the actual pin as its in the worst spot and hanging upside down in your car is horrible and with the manifold ive the flange of the manifold in 3 spots (pics to come) as ive been told it can bring the manifold back in to shape and it has so im just gonna give it ago and bolt it up but wont know till the conversion and everything is done but hopefully next weekend can get the auto box out and look at putting the manual in :) cant wait