SAU Community

Slicks Class

ssxRicho

Over the last couple of years there has been talk of introducing a class within the MS Championship that caters for those nutters wanting to use a slick type tyre.

This includes, but not limited to:

Hoosier

Hankook

Dunlop

Avon

Pirelli

Advan

Bridgestone

It seems this year there maybe enough nutters to actually run this class and provide trophies at the end of the year.

So if we can get a consistent 2 cars on slicks turning up to each round and at least 4 different cars for the year after Haunted HIlls, then the class will be included in the end of year awards. If the numbers are not there, we can still acknowledge you, but you won't get an award.

Please bare in mind that slick type tyre use it up to the discretion of the club running the track day and the use of said tyre is generally dependant on weather conditions. Further more, to be included within the SAU MS Championship on slicks the car much as a minimum have a 6 point CAMS compliant ROPS.

Register your interest here.

Paul has already set a 1.39.x at PI on slicks in the first round of the year.

Bring it on.

Ill be in if there is enough interested parties. Slicks are fantastic compared to r specs, everything is better whilst driving on them except in the rain. It is the best bang for buck mod you can ever do, and you can get heaps more track days out of a set compared to your r specs so your saving $$$.

How bout spicing things up a little also, with fastest timed lap winner at each track at the end of the year??

On another note, John can you get bigger trophies for next years presentation as we could hardly see them...just saying cause I didn't get one.

They have been about a meter high in previous years. I'm running out of space to store em, so smaller ones were a must :P

There is an idea for a perpetual honours board for the fastest time for each track for each year.

I'm keen to have a go on slicks and move on from std awd so that's 2. Just wondering where does the 6 pt RPS requirement come from? not really an option for a road driven car. maybe 4 pt okay?

Class needs a better name. maybe "unlimited"

It's a general understanding that clubs have, some enforce, some don't. In the past WRX have been one that does enforce it.

Either way, commitee has previous agreed that running a slick increaces corner speed a loading and can therefor increase the impact of a mistake.

It maybe a possibility for a 4pt with side intrusion, but that will need to be discussed.

Essentially we need to promote a high level of safety. WTAC mandates 6pt for Open Class and up.

Mr datto nailed it... "Unlimited" class is awesome. Have done some piarc days and 4 point cages are allowed with slicks and no side intrusion as the doors already come with this in place as a registered vehicle. Not 100% on the written regards to cage but seen cars running this set up and pass scrutineering every time.

• 1 month later...

They have been about a meter high in previous years. I'm running out of space to store em, so smaller ones were a must :P

2nd that.

Slick class is a great idea. Interesting to see how many take it up. I might later in the year but still have sets of AO's from last year WTAC to use up first.

• 1 month later...