SAU Community

Hi All-Noob. Stagea M35

matt13b

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if you're getting a mechanical inspection. Maybe hit up Craig (Jetwreck) and see if he can help.

So much doesn't add up with that car I'd be looking elsewhere. Guys importing their own are paying a lot less too.

Given that this car has had the series 2 front end fitted, better check with Cam, who did this swap previously, to find out if they are interchangable...

I do remember that this "simple" swap was a huge pain for him...

From memory to take it back to stock you need to change;

Bonnet

Grill

Headlights

Bumper bar

I'll be leaving as is externally as my focus for now will be more modifications that are going to increase power and reliability.I have spoken to Jetwreck about giving the car a good look over.

A very informative forum so far..

Only if you're getting a mechanical inspection. Maybe hit up Craig (Jetwreck) and see if he can help.

So much doesn't add up with that car I'd be looking elsewhere. Guys importing their own are paying a lot less too.

Hi Ryan,

I have already bought the car, but I think the things that don't add up can be put down to front and back bumper changes for later model parts and the addition of some unnecessary badges by the previous owner.

Compliance is supposed to put them in. Mine are located on the plastic ceiling bit near the rear half hatch door the other two are on either side closer to the rear pillars.

Edited by M35woah

Thanks mate. Car was advertised for 18 and I said I'll do 15 with one year warranty.

I also had a look under it and said what it that exhaust doing attached to nothing? Not a fan. So he said he will remove it today.So that's gone.

He seemed to know less than me which is always a worry. He said it was a twin turbo and even I know it isn't.

It has these strange badges though. It says infinity across the rear and it has an infinity front badge and also says ARX-Axis in the back.

I can't see any reference to Axis model cars on the net so far?? Any idea??

It is a 2002 ARX. The previous owner has done a series 2 Axis front end conversion and for some reason stuck Infiniti badges all over it.

Looks like a car that would require a bit of exploration. The badges may be just that or may mean that it is running an Impul ECU (I don't see any other Impul parts on it) and a Nismo panel filter (I don't see any Nismo parts on it - so assume it is the filter).

The grill is the standard factory item for a 2005+ Autech Axis or Axis S. Won't fit any other car. The Infiniti emblem has been stuck on for wank factor and was never part of the grill originally.

Nick - it wasn't a huge pain, I just didn't realise initially that I needed as many bits as I did (didn't help that I changed from the RX to the Axis S front)

From memory to take it back to stock you need to change;

Bonnet

Grill

Headlights

Bumper bar

Yes, but why would you want to? NM35 ARX looks poo, especially compared to the Series 2 Axis/Axis S.

It is a 2002 ARX. The previous owner has done a series 2 Axis front end conversion and for some reason stuck Infiniti badges all over it.

Looks like a car that would require a bit of exploration. The badges may be just that or may mean that it is running an Impul ECU (I don't see any other Impul parts on it) and a Nismo panel filter (I don't see any Nismo parts on it - so assume it is the filter).

The grill is the standard factory item for a 2005+ Autech Axis or Axis S. Won't fit any other car. The Infiniti emblem has been stuck on for wank factor and was never part of the grill originally.

Nick - it wasn't a huge pain, I just didn't realise initially that I needed as many bits as I did (didn't help that I changed from the RX to the Axis S front)

Thanks mate.That clears it's appearance up even further.

I will be looking into these superfluous badges which are a pet hate of mine. At the same time though I have had some bad experiences removing badges in the past so for now ensuring the car is in good health mechanically is my main priority, then to warm it up..

Just another heads up about their compliancer. He does fit baby seat mounts but in y car that he done ever one of them leak. So you will have to do some silicon filling to fix it.

Also s said earlier make sure he changes the tyers it is a requirement for Australian complience hiChat they didn't do I mine and I caught them out on

Just another heads up about their compliancer. He does fit baby seat mounts but in y car that he done ever one of them leak. So you will have to do some silicon filling to fix it.

Also s said earlier make sure he changes the tyers it is a requirement for Australian complience hiChat they didn't do I mine and I caught them out on

Thanks Josh. I'll be sure to silicone seal them up.

They tyres looked brand new though, won't they replace them with rubbish tyres?

they need to be australian approved tyres or you technically could have insurance void etc. What he done for me after i called him out on it was he through me $500 towards what ever tyres i wanted. but it did take some fighting to get that out of him.

they need to be australian approved tyres or you technically could have insurance void etc. What he done for me after i called him out on it was he through me $500 towards what ever tyres i wanted. but it did take some fighting to get that out of him.

It's quite simple really, you just report them to dotars, give them photo evidence and rest assured dotars will take care of the rest, within a few weeks shop will be shut. Works a treat or makes a good threat.

HI Josh, I just spoke to our friend at Ginza Imports..I asked if he was aware that the tyres need to be exchanged for Australian spec tyres.

He said "no problem my friend, I changed the tyres for the compliance."

I said "so what brand is on them now?"

He said he changed them over for compliance only?!

I said the Australian the tyres need to STAY on the car for good, not just on compliance day to trick the system.

He said this will now be an added expense for him. I said yes it is, the car must be complied. He grumbled and said ok, he will put the Australian tyres on. Lucky you mentioned it, thanks. I just worry now that the very good new tyres that it had on it will now be replaced with dodgy second hand Australian tyres??

I also asked if they would be putting in baby seat mounts. He said the car already has baby seat mounts?

If this is the case why did they drill new ones into your car?

Edited by matt13b

Compliance is supposed to put them in. Mine are located on the plastic ceiling bit near the rear half hatch door the other two are on either side closer to the rear pillars.

HI, I just spoke to the the dealer who is in the compliance process now. He hasn't got the best English. He said the car had baby seat mounts.

Would this mean it CAME with baby seat mounts or that compliance has added them?

Do Japan and Australia have different baby seat laws?

HI, I just spoke to the the dealer who is in the compliance process now. He hasn't got the best English. He said the car had baby seat mounts.

Would this mean it CAME with baby seat mounts or that compliance has added them?

Do Japan and Australia have different baby seat laws?

the Car does NOT come from Japan with baby seat mounts. They need to be added here locally as part of the compiance process.

There are hooks in the floor of the boot but these are for tie downs for the luggage are and are not suitable for baby mounts.

There are 2 methods of putting in the baby seat mounts. They are always put in the roof above the boot and can be in either;

1) Just in front of the plastic trim at the top of the boot opening, (best method)

2) mounted through the plastic trim at the top of the boot opening, (this is where they drill through the outside of the car)

The 1st method is far superior but requires them to separate the roof lining slightly to put the mounting points in.

I'm quite sure that Ben didn't have to drill any holes in my car, the only hole he drilled was through the plastic for the anchor to sit on the plastic trim.

20130315_125508_zps54b4e0de.jpg

2013-03-15125455_zps35de9b5e.jpg

Edited by M35woah

I think I just saw a youtube clip of your car on the dyno Kev. Getting over 160kw at the wheels. Very cool..