SAU Community

Does this rwkw sound right?

Hi, as i was looking for a car, i came across one with a rb25det, what i presume is stock turbo ("t28" he said), with a big fmic, at least 2.5" exhaust, aside from that i assume its relatively stock....

would this be capable of close to 185rwkw @ 10psi?

also what is the stock turbo on the rb25? is there any way to identify it? i looked around the site, but it doesnt seem to have definite "specs" for this. it seems almost assumed knowledge, which isnt good for those who dont know it :)

BullSh*t!! RB25DET....stock everything except fmic and exhaust isn't going to be anywhere near 185rwkw it would be around 130 to 135rwkw at the most. It has the potential for about 180 to 200rwkw but you would have to do a lot more than that to it.

I had 187 rwkw wit those mods. The only extra thing i had was the bosch fuel pump as mine carked it. Ive seen 215rwkw wit stock turbs and thats still going after a year.

BullSh*t!!      RB25DET....stock everything except fmic and exhaust isn't going to be anywhere near 185rwkw it would be around 130 to 135rwkw at the most. It has the potential for about 180 to 200rwkw but you would have to do a lot more than that to it.

I have 166.6 Rwkw with cat back exhaust and a pod filter.

Thats it. No boost .. no nothing

Check my gallery for dyno sheets

BullSh*t!!      RB25DET....stock everything except fmic and exhaust isn't going to be anywhere near 185rwkw it would be around 130 to 135rwkw at the most. It has the potential for about 180 to 200rwkw but you would have to do a lot more than that to it.

With a podfilter, full zorst and nothing else, mine did 149rwkw... nothing special, but it's the average figure for those mods, look at Knore's...

thanks guys, ill see if i can have a look at the dyno sheet. havent ridden in many turbo cars so it might be hard to just judge by planting the foot :O

turns out he doesnt have a dyno sheet as the printer wasnt working

guess ill just have to wait and see how it goes. i guess even if it isnt really 189rwkw, the potential will be there if its got the fmic, properly boxed pod, reasonable exhaust (it measured 89dB, so maybe its bigger than the 2.5" he thinks it is? not sure on muffler) then it may have potential

hopefully it has a decent turbo on it, though ill have no idea how to tell (see this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42546)

Guest INASNT
Hi, as i was looking for a car, i came across one with a rb25det, what i presume is stock turbo ("t28" he said), with a big fmic, at least 2.5" exhaust, aside from that i assume its relatively stock....

would this be capable of close to 185rwkw @ 10psi?

also what is the stock turbo on the rb25? is there any way to identify it? i looked around the site, but it doesnt seem to have definite "specs" for this. it seems almost assumed knowledge, which isnt good for those who dont know it :)

U will need a s-afc atleast to get 185rwkw with those other mods.

And dont believe dyno readings, u can make a dyno read as high as u want.

And 215rwkw from stock turbo seems very BS.